5E Character Create Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Because design decisions are taken on what is in front of you now and not ten years into the future which you can't see?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Because design decisions are taken on what is in front of you now and not ten years into the future which you can't see?
    Fair enough, Been there for sure. I was just afraid that my ignorance of the LUA script and XML had some roadblock that I needed to be aware of. Thanks for the answer Zacchaeus, I watch your videos and have learned a lot from you. Thanks for the education on both fronts and keep it up, this community is awesome!

One change that I did find that was asked back in post #7. It's not perfect, but does open up a class to any race.

The wording needed is:
    "One ability score of your choice increases by 2, one other ability score of your choice increases by 1."

I've been working a re-write (more an amalgamation of the core books) for my personal use, and am finding that taking those and altering them slightly, essentially making them HB, is still working with the character wizard. I even did a full input HB and have had luck with it as well. I am very much looking forward to changes made to the Character Wizard.

Side note, I have updated my version of the official content to put class specializations into the "Specializations" button on the Classes tab, same for subraces on the Races tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Azbandar View Post
    One change that I did find that was asked back in post #7. It's not perfect, but does open up a class to any race.

The wording needed is:
    "One ability score of your choice increases by 2, one other ability score of your choice increases by 1."

I've been working a re-write (more an amalgamation of the core books) for my personal use, and am finding that taking those and altering them slightly, essentially making them HB, is still working with the character wizard. I even did a full input HB and have had luck with it as well. I am very much looking forward to changes made to the Character Wizard.

Side note, I have updated my version of the official content to put class specializations into the "Specializations" button on the Classes tab, same for subraces on the Races tab.
    Yes the language for 2 and 1 was added after the publication of Tasha which changed a lot of the ways characters got built. The books which came out after Tasha have used this method. There were other changes as well as to what is acceptable after Tasha, so whilst most of the first and second posts is still accurate there have been changes which may not be reflected there.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information