5E Character Create Playlist
Page 83 of 132 First ... 3373818283848593 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by iotech View Post
    You're persistent. An admirable trait, to be sure. Of course, you know that you can easily implement this with FG Classic right now... DOE OLE and link to your favorite purveyor of Pie. Even better if said purveyor has a web API so you could truly order with a single click. I'm sure Dulux-Oz would approve of a DOE-dependent extension
    Hmmmm, I just think I've got an idea for a new DOE...
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by gaara6666 View Post
    Stretch goal #6?
    It's a secret. A mystery gift

Or it could be they are still trying to work it out.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They are getting mathew mercer to do a voice intro for FG?

It's irrelevant to wonder about peoples' thoughts or to speculate about their motives, there is a simple truth right now:

Real Life: GM drops $300 on books, hands books to player, player becomes GM.
    Roll20, FG's primary competitor: GM drops $300 on books, promotes player to GM role, player becomes GM.
    Fantasy Grounds: GM drops $150 on ultimate license, $300 on books, wants other player to become GM, oops, $450 more please.

Edit : deleted because not clearly worded, sorry for that, but my point is :
    It's a fact, Roll20 cost more than FG : https://youtu.be/1gHmxi4EydE
    Last edited by Egheal; May 11th, 2019 at 22:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    FG1 was circa 2004. FG2 was circa 2008. FG3 was circa 2013.

The coding has changed quite a bit over time. The biggest change was between FG1 and FG2 which broke everything; but before my time.

I started working on FG around 2008, and took over with Doug in 2010.

Cheers,
    JPG
    So is Fantasy Grounds Unity going to start at version 1, 2.7, or 4?
    I am now dying to know :3

Blog Entries
    Also be aware, on Roll20 you can only share your DLC in so many campaigns. i.e. a Free user on Roll20 can only use content they purchase in a single (one) campaign). A "Plua" suvscriber can share with 3 campaigns, and a "Pro" subscriber can share with 5 campaigns. So yes, the "buyer" can promote a player to GM, but depending upon their subscription level they can only do that so many times.

In FG you can share your content in as many campaigns as you host.

Apples and Oranges folks. For some use cases you can directly compare, but not for every use case.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Eastern USA that is Time Zone - UTC-4 Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valatar View Post
    It's irrelevant to wonder about peoples' thoughts or to speculate about their motives, there is a simple truth right now:

Real Life: GM drops $300 on books, hands books to player, player becomes GM.
    Roll20, FG's primary competitor: GM drops $300 on books, promotes player to GM role, player becomes GM.
    Fantasy Grounds: GM drops $150 on ultimate license, $300 on books, wants other player to become GM, oops, $450 more please.
    Also this:
    Real Life - Cost of paper (could go digital), snacks and soda for everyone. Miniatures (paper or real. could go digital), dice (could go digital), maps (paper tokens or advanced. could go digital.), and gas if you and others have to drive to the meeting place (bus can be cheaper, but only have a time frame).
    Roll20 - Free, but limited space to work with. Subscription base. (snacks and soda for yourself)
    Fantasy Grounds - Free, but for players. Subscription base, or pay once and free forever. (snacks and soda for yourself)
    Last edited by JennyRB; May 11th, 2019 at 22:00.
    JennyRB

Quote Originally Posted by JennyRB View Post
    Also this:
    Real Life - Cost of paper (could go digital), snacks and soda for everyone. Miniatures (paper or real. could go digital), dice (could go digital), maps (paper tokens or advanced. could go digital.), and gas if you and others have to drive to the meeting place (bus can be cheaper, but only have a time frame).
    Roll20 - Free, but limited space to work with. Subscription base. (snacks and soda for yourself)
    Fantasy Grounds - Free, but for players. Subscription base, or pay once and free forever. (snacks and soda for yourself)
    Jenny is offering to buy us snacks and soda?!

Thread Information