DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 132 First ... 3139404142435191 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    We would do multi-monitor support if we could do so easily. I use it exclusively across two monitors by stretching the application screen across and I've even used it on slightly different monitors in the past (not ideal, but usable). Without the ability to break out windows from the main application (what people are really asking for), people will still play on Fantasy Grounds. If it doesn't support the OS from someone in the group then that entire group won't play. Unity allows us to more easily tackle the multi-OS support feature than it does to allow for windows to be broken out from the main application space.

One important thing that we need to keep in mind when talking about what features "are" coming and which "aren't" is that this is all within the context of the "phase 1" release of FGU. Even if the feature you really, really want isn't promised to be included, that just means it's not coming in phase 1. Nobody wants to over-promise and risk under-delivering.

My understanding is that the main reason for moving to Unity is to make it possible to bring new features down the road. Launching FGU is a necessary step towards that future flexibility. Given how large a project this is for a small team, I'm really glad SW is taking such a long-term view of FG. It makes me even more sure that my money has been and will continue to be well-spent here.

If there is someday a practical way to bring mutli-monitor support (or some other feature that hasn't been promised yet) to FGU, I'm sure the SW team will seriously consider it. It's a matter of laying the proper foundation first. Of course, I don't speak for them, but this has been my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We would do multi-monitor support if we could do so easily. I use it exclusively across two monitors by stretching the application screen across and I've even used it on slightly different monitors in the past (not ideal, but usable). Without the ability to break out windows from the main application (what people are really asking for), people will still play on Fantasy Grounds. If it doesn't support the OS from someone in the group then that entire group won't play. Unity allows us to more easily tackle the multi-OS support feature than it does to allow for windows to be broken out from the main application space.
    My only issue with multi monitor support with stretched windows would be solved by being able to place a second set of toolbars. (rather than purely stretching and having everything over left.)

maybe a toggleable option with aspect ratios to auto define where it would be placed? A bit hacky but it could work.

If this is a joke.
    Update, 30Dolars, isn't too much, I misread I thought, I would have to repurchase.
    Last edited by DouglasBryantDE; April 28th, 2019 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasBryantDE View Post
    If this is a joke.

I just paid out for the bundel and ultimate, now I find out, I have to throw more money at them a week later.

I will hold a grudge for this, now I am considering a refund.

@ddavison "Do you on purpose try to push your paying customers away, or does it just come naturally."

If this is a joke, What the f##k were you thinking!
    *weighing in but not staff*

A few things

1. you can continue to use the product you have bought, Unity will not stop that. You bought a product and will be gaining access to that product.

2. It is a $30 upgrade fee if you bought ultimate within the last year half. None of the DLC needs to be repurchased. Again though, this is not a necessary purchase, it is more akin to a graphics card manufacturer releasing a new generation of graphics card a week after my buying their old top end card. I can get a refund but other than that they don't really owe me anything.

3. You can apply for a refund as they have a 30 day no questions asked policy. Just be aware that FGU won't be released proper until around december with the currently announced dates.

I am not sure why this is bad for business or pushing customers away, they are trying to accommodate people with cheaper entry points and still make money as a business. If you start offering free upgrades people will be questioning when that period starts and why they fell a day or two out of that period, it isn't worth it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    *weighing in but not staff*

A few things

1. you can continue to use the product you have bought, Unity will not stop that. You bought a product and will be gaining access to that product.

2. It is a $30 upgrade fee if you bought ultimate within the last year half. None of the DLC needs to be repurchased. Again though, this is not a necessary purchase, it is more akin to a graphics card manufacturer releasing a new generation of graphics card a week after my buying their old top end card. I can get a refund but other than that they don't really owe me anything.
    Minor point, $30 is for purchases in 2018 or 2019 (for which I am grateful, once I had FG for over a year, I expected little or no discount to upgrade. The pricing being offered just shows me Doug and the rest of Smiteworks commitment to quality customer service).

That aside, I agree with the rest of the comments.

DouglasBryantDE, You could take the refund, do the newcomer kickstarter, but then you would not get any product until the beta is released. It would run you more than the upgrade price to subscribe to ultimate until the full release of FGU. I don't see how you are not coming out ahead with your current purchase and doing the kickstarter for the upgrade.

I can see there is LoS which is super-cool but how about the light sources and LoS? Especially light sources carried by other players like torches? This is crucial imo and couldn't find info about that anywhere.

Edit: thank you, Tyrannosaurus VeX!
    Last edited by kane280484; April 28th, 2019 at 21:52.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    I can see there is LoS which is super-cool but how about the light sources and LoS? Especially light sources carried by other players like torches? This is crucial imo and couldn't find info about that anywhere.
    I believe they've said that at release, LoS is in, but light sources are WiP.

Blog Entries
    Light sources are not in for Phase 1.

Ok thanks! I can imagine it's a feature hard to implement, but I really hope you can do it in a Phase 2 Waiting for the Kickstarter, we will smash the goalline in no time!
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Thread Information