5E Character Create Playlist
Page 32 of 132 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ofidian View Post
    I started looking up FantasyGrounds today based on a recommendation of some people I know. I'm very much interested in the Unity edition but if I purchase an ultimate license now it would be $149+30 (179) as opposed to the $135 as a newcomer. Is there going to be a Kickstarter tier where you can get access to the older edition until unity comes at a reasonable discount?
    Nope. KS is only for the new version, FGU. Note that the expected release of the production version of FGU is December. So if you don't go for a classic license, FGC, then you will have to wait some time. Hence why the discounted KS prices.

That said, those of us who have been using FG for some time feel that you will feel the purchase now and then the KS update is well worth it.

Or, you could always go for the &9.95/mo subscription Ultimate license, but then you would still need the Newcomer KS licenses, so you wouldn't really be saving much since it will probably be 3 months or more until the beta is where you might want to use it for live games.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello and well met people. At FG College we've tried to create a synopsis or overview of what was covered in the Fantasy Ground Fridays show to help the community at large. If you are not into watching videos and trying to scroll through the Q&A's posted in the forums, please consider this alternative article to help summarize the information presented to all of us. https://fantasygroundscollege.net/fg...mes-a-reality/

Sincerely,
    The Community
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

will we be able to build cool spell effects ie have a fire ball explode on screen or a light bolt fly across screen if we cast lighting in D&D

Quote Originally Posted by Falselight View Post
    will we be able to build cool spell effects ie have a fire ball explode on screen or a light bolt fly across screen if we cast lighting in D&D
    Certainly not on initial release but who knows what might be possible down the road.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just want to confirm whether or not the content I have paid hundreds of dollars for (after the cost of the ultimate license) will transfer to FGC Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticCelt View Post
    Just want to confirm whether or not the content I have paid hundreds of dollars for (after the cost of the ultimate license) will transfer to FGC Unity.
    FGU will be compatible with the stuff you already purchased for FG classic

Quote Originally Posted by MysticCelt View Post
    Read the first post in this thread.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Very happy about this news ( Thanks for an ultimate user like me before 2018, there is no much to pay)

Anyone could tell me if it will be possible to have a pointer ? ( in order to point out a special location in the maps to others players in a rapid way )
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Is it just me, or does it feel like April has 240 days this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoltok View Post
    Very happy about this news ( Thanks for an ultimate user like me before 2018, there is no much to pay)

Anyone could tell me if it will be possible to have a pointer ? ( in order to point out a special location in the maps to others players in a rapid way )
    A quick way in the existing FG is to left+right click and drag to create your arrow pointer. Then left+right click on it again to remove it
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Thread Information