5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

dmkevin's - D&D 5E - Thursday Nights UK – 7:30 pm GMT/BST) – Tomb of Annihilation

Thursday Nights UK – GMT/BST) – Tomb of Annihilation - Beginners and returning players welcome

FG License: Ultimate (anyone can join the game, including free users)

Game System: D&D 5E, Adventure: Tomb of Annihilation

Day of week and time: Every second Thursday evening from 7:30 pm to 11:00 pm British Summer Time (BST). The UK is currently on (BST (GMT +1). This remains applicable until 27 October 2019 when UK is back to GMT.

For Americans, please note that UK (GMT) is normally 5 hours ahead of US EST. During BST, one hour is added to GMT.

Campaign will start on: Thursday, April 28th 2019

We will seek to have sessions last no more than 3.5 hours.

Planned Frequency: As agreed with players, every 2 weeks, or on occasion 3 weeks (I'm married with kids).

Term: Until the end of the adventure.

Text or Voice: Voice

Voice software used: Discord (Teamspeak as back up) Text can be used, but only for emotes, whispers, etc. I may use text occasionally for some NPC interactions.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the party, but I expect it to be 50/50 overall with some sessions leaning heavily one way or the other.

Number of Players in game & needed: 5/7

Character starting level & equipment: Starting level is 1, all standard equipment as defined by class. Pregens available or you can make a character an hour prior to game time on the server. We may do this a few nights before we begin playing. My house rule for 5e in creating characters is this: Roll 4d6 (when I am on FG with you) drop the lowest number on each roll for all abilities. You choose in what abilities you place them. If you don’t like your rolls, for whatever reason, use can simply use the array 15,14,13,12,10,8.

Permitted Books: (races, classes, spells, etc..): PHB, DMG, SCAG, EE, PoTA, Book of Lost Spells, Fifth Edition Feats, Ultimate NPC's Skullduggery's equipment and spells, Volo's Guide to Monsters' races and spell (1), and the new or revised classes, races, feats, etc. in the Dungeon Masters Guild FG mod of the Unearthed Arcana articles from Wizards of the Coast. I have almost all FG books. Let me know if there is something you want to play from an FG Book which is not listed

Character restrictions:, no aarakocra permitted. No evil alignments.

Details of scenario: The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone who's ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied. When they finally succumb, they can't be raised—and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they've ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.
    The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is believed to be located somewhere in Chult, a mysterious peninsula far to the south, ringed with mountains and choked with rainforests.

I want the group to help tell a story, so I highly value group cohesion. Possibility of mature language, so young or easily offended ears need not apply. The first session will start with making/checking characters and verifying everyone's setup (voice, FG and such). Please note that while I have dm’ing experience, I don't claim to know every single D&D 5e rule or be familiar with all released errata.

If you are interested in playing then please post below with some details about yourself including your location and experience playing the game or other role-playing games. Let me know what character and race you want to play. I don't need a back story at this point (although you’re welcome to provide one to me), as I expect to be offering you some further background details before play begins.

DM's Request: If after signing up you decide that this campaign is not for you, or that you cannot make a game session after signing up; please just let me know. We all know that things happen and real life may interrupt. I want to avoid turning way players and then having someone not show up who had signed up without sending any message beforehand. It's unfair to the players that have signed up, to the players that we have turned away due to group being full, and not fair to the DM.

If interested in playing, please post here AND on the calendar. No shows seem to be from players signing up on the game calendar only. Therefore, I will only accept players who make the effort to also post in the forum thread. Thanks for your time reading this post.

dm-kevin

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3441
    Last edited by dmkevin; November 11th, 2019 at 20:02.

DM-Kevin - Current campaign running: D&D 5.0 Tomb of Annihilation -

I got to ask, I live in Midwest America and I get off work at 4:00-4:30pm (9:00-9:30 GMT) and would be pretty much guarantee to make it at 5:00 pm (10:00 GMT). If you are willing to make the time changes to allow me to be included then. I would happy to join.

FG License: Free
    Time Zone: CST
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: 5:00 pm (10:00 GMT) for guarantee arrival on time. Prefer weekly but every other week works but please remind me if of which week is game week.
    Term: Long-term
    Voice: Discord.

Game System Preferred: D&D 5e
    Game System Experience: D&D 2,3.5, and 5e as player for several years. D&D 3.5 as GM for a couple of years
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Half a year. So I am very fluent with it.

Character Type Preferred: I love to play as Kobold Rogue (be great if a fellow player to be one whom saved during his exile), but also like to play as a Lizardfolk Druid (Lizard Spock), Hobgoblin fighter (who hides his appearance under his armor, so no one knows he is a Hobgoblin), Bugbear Barbarian (raised in a temple and become religious zealot who hate evil). If monster races are not to your liking, I can play more standard races as I would ok with playing an half-elf Hexblade, Dragonborn Paladin or Cleric or Fighter, or an Dwarf Cleric.

About me: I am very good at RP and sometime funny. I try to play true to the character and often ask about what my character knows to avoid meta gaming. I am a good problem solver and find creative solution to problems. I have a tactical mind when it comes to combat. I am a team player and often helping my team mates with what they doing. I often prefer to vote and the party to agree on big decision than to just do whatever I please or try to dictate the party. I also respect the party decision even if I do not agree with it, and I respect my players. Example if I play an religious character I will not bully other of different religions as I play the character having religious passionate in destroy and not forcing other to convert, or playing a rogue who somewhat of a kleptomaniac but not stupid greedy as in never stealing from the party and not steal thing that cause the party to upset or trouble unless I failed a Will save.

Hey there Kevin,

So glad to see another GMT-based GM around. I'd love to be part of the adventure!

FG License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: CEST (France)
    Frequency: Once every 2 weeks during weekdays is fine for me.
    Timeslot: I'm available from 6pm BST to 11pm BST, so all good for me. Due to work I'd prefer avoid finishing after 11pm BST too frequently, but occasionally pushing it to 12pm BST should be okay if needed.
    Term: Long-term
    Voice: Sure thing, I'm bilingual so no worries there
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: Fairly new, it's only been a month
    RPG Experience: 10+ years DM'ing D&D 3.5 and World of Darkness

Character Type Preferred: Since I play very little and DM quite a lot, I have quite a few ideas in mind so I will likely be able to round up the party if necessary. I tend to prefer roleplaying characters with Good alignment, and stick to classic races (most likely human, dwarf or half-orc). Note that I also have a heavy preference towards RP, but combat is fine as long as it's not just an endless series of dice rolling with "I hit, I miss, he hits, he kills, next round". If you want to chat a bit you can catch me on Discord very easily

I'm definitely interested. I'm also GMT, and 7:30 is exactly right for me on weekdays since I finish work at 6:45. I'm pretty new to tabletop -- I've played 5e twice and ran 3 small one-offs (not on FG) and I'm currently playing in a regular Starfinder game on Saturdays and running one on Sundays (on FG) -- but I'm very enthusiastic about it. I own physical copies of PHB & XGtE. I have an Ultimate Licence, but none of the 5e content on FG. I've only been using FG for a month-ish, so I'm not the most adept with it yet.

My initial thoughts are a human devotion paladin of Ilmater, a wood elf grave cleric of Kelemvor, or a half-orc fighter. But also I'm happy to work around other people's choices (I have a loose idea for a wizard), and I can provide backstories once it's clear what works for the party composition
    Ultimate license holder Interested in Pathfinder 2E and Starfinder

Myzzrym, it looks like there CEST is one hour ahead of BST. So our 7:30 to 11:00 pm BST would be 8:30 pm to 12:00 p.m CEST.

Is this going to be something you can do at this time. It is likely we may go past this occasionally. Let me know.

dmkevin

BST to CEST - Capture.PNG

Aye there's no problem with it, I already took BST/CEST difference into account in my post. midnight is fine, 1 am is pushing it a little but if it remains occasional it's all good with me.

Hi WLV, this may not be possible.

The UK is on daylight savings now (BST) so we are now is GMT +1. Our starting time will be at 7:30 pm BST (6:30 GMT +1) and ending time would be 11 pm BST (10:00 pm GMT+1).

You have said you could make it at 10:00 pm GMT (which would be difficult itself with only an hour left to play but as we are now on UK BST time, you believe you would in fact be at entering the session at 11:00 BST when the game would be finishing.

BST to CST - CDT - Capture.PNG

Hey dmkevin, I'm interested in rolling with a Dragonbourne crossclass fighter/cleric, maybe even a Human. I am new to FG and have not played tabletop since AD&D so just over 20 years or so lol. I think this campaign would be good for me to get my feet wet and get back into the game. Thanks for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by dmkevin View Post
    Hi WLV, this may not be possible.

The UK is on daylight savings now (BST) so we are now is GMT +1. Our starting time will be at 7:30 pm BST (6:30 GMT +1) and ending time would be 11 pm BST (10:00 pm GMT+1).

You have said you could make it at 10:00 pm GMT (which would be difficult itself with only an hour left to play but as we are now on UK BST time, you believe you would in fact be at entering the session at 11:00 BST when the game would be finishing.

BST to CST - CDT - Capture.PNG
    Thanks. I had to ask. And did want to promise to there at a time that mostly be at work thus unable to there. I will continue my search. If you know DM doing 5e D&D games on Thursday or even Monday and Sunday during the 5+ pm CST, please pm me.

Hi Roedemon,

Just want to check that you are going to be able to attend. I understand you are on US Eastern Daylight Time. If we are starting here at 19:30 BST you would be at 14:30 EDT. If you can do this regularly, then please confirm and you're in.

Thread Information