FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Hmm yea now it seems that I can do that drag drop thing. Wonder why it didn't work last time.. You just manually ad them to inventory then?

So what are the differences of the two, between 6th and 7th ed? The rolls are different as are the char sheets a bit but any other issues between them on Fantasy Grounds ? On available materials and so on?
    Looking for fun group to play with. New to Fantasy Ground, familiar with playing/DMng LOTR, Warhammer and CoC. PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Manorgate View Post
    You just manually ad them to inventory then?
    Yep. Call of Cthulhu has always taken a pretty loose approach to exact equipment tracking.

Quote Originally Posted by Manorgate View Post
    So what are the differences of the two, between 6th and 7th ed? The rolls are different as are the char sheets a bit but any other issues between them on Fantasy Grounds ? On available materials and so on?
    As far as the differences in the RPG system, this conversion guide might help to outline that: https://www.chaosium.com/blog/call-o...free-download/ I think there's also some info at the end of the 7th ed quickstart rules: https://www.chaosium.com/call-of-cth...k-start-rules/

The rulesets provide similar functionality, based off the specific CoC edition requirements.

@damned outlined how to see what FG products are available in post #2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes yes, I can see that there are stuff on both systems, some of it aren't available through steam concerning 6th ed. I was just hoping some insight from folks who have used both and how they tribute to GMng vs their worth since I'm just getting familiar with the systems and resources.

What I got from that is that 7h ed has some more "monster manual" kinda content, atleast two of such "Mythic Monsters" books. I assume they make keepers game a bit easier by easier import of monsters?

6th ed doesn't have separate investigator handbook but I assume the same data is on the core rule book? My experience from hard cover contents is from 5.6 ed.
    Looking for fun group to play with. New to Fantasy Ground, familiar with playing/DMng LOTR, Warhammer and CoC. PM me!

Blog Entries
    6E and 7E are the same game but the mechanics changed from d20 to d100.
    There were other rule changes and streamlining like chases and some other stuff.
    The guide that Trenloe links to explains the differences.
    5E and 6E were pretty close (I think).

7E is a newer ruleset and has more FG functionality but the code is locked away so you cant see it.
    Almost all products in the store since 7E came out are written for 7E only but the 7E ruleset knows how to convert most 6E stuff automatically.

So 6e resources work with 7e but not otherway around? Good to know, that was helpful, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    6E and 7E are the same game but the mechanics changed from d20 to d100.
    Not really - there's no d20s used by players (except to roll really high SAN loss!). In 6E the main abilities were listed on a more D&D like scale (3-18 range for most investigator abilities), you multiplied this by 5 to get a percentile target to roll against. in 7e they've just done the x5 up front. In either edition it's still a d100 roll - for ability checks, skill checks, attacks, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think you guys are confusing the poor guy hehe.

Best thing to do? Test it yourself and see how it fits your needs. Take a 6E product, and open it with your 7E rules loaded. Check what happens. If you like what it presents you, then your answer might be clear. Run the new shiny.... and get fully supported products on all new releases. If you don't like it, then you have to gauge how much you might want to do manually to use newer content.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

So now I got both 6th and 7th ed, 7e investigator handbook and mythic monsters 18# and 21#..

If anyone has ever time to show the ropes in setting that all up, I'm more then interested to take the study there.

Thread Information