Starfinder Playlist

Server Status in the Launcher?

Has this ever been discussed or considered? Maybe two big dots that are green for good, Yellow for high traffic or Red for down? Even just green and red, available when you launch but before you try anything. One for the updater, the other for cloud in Unity maybe?

It might help prevent a lot of the confusion and questions when the server is actually down.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Any servers in the lobby are actively connected to the lobby, which is why they have a green dot.

Any servers in the history area are green/red for cloud servers (online/offline); or yellow for LAN servers (unknown).

Regards,
    JPG

I get that. I wasn't referring to player servers, but to the main FG servers. Sort of how like pretty much all online/MMORPG games have a server status in their launcher to let you know if they are down, and that might be why you can't connect. Not the individual games being hosted.
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

I see what you mean. Currently, if the client can't connect to the lobby or the network facilitation service, it is supposed to actually throw an pop-up error message.

The lobby timeout was set too long in previous builds, but should report errors as of today after 5 second wait. We'll probably change to status indicator instead of popup message at some point.

The network facilitation server would fail during campaign startup for hosts/servers. The player side is a little trickier; and we're still working on that.

Regards,
    JPG

Great to hear. And who needs player side anyway??? .... err.. I mean...
    i3ullseye

Ultimate License holder

Thread Information