DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

MoreCore Bug with Roll Trackers

There appears to be a bug with Tracker rolls on NPCs. If I have an NPC with a tracker and add them to the CT, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]5: attempt to index a nil value (x3)

If I open and close the roll details of the Tracker prior to adding them to the CT, I don't get the error.

Also, if I try to use the tracker (i.e. double-click the second box to use one charge) without first opening and closing the roll, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "trackersname"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

As I write this, I have the same problems with Tracker rolls on the Character Sheets. I need to open and close them before use.

I'm not doing anything fancy with my Tracker rolls. They simply have a name, the checkbox for Enable Tracker marked, and a Max Number entered (e.g. 10).

Blog Entries
    Can you reproduce this in a new campaign with no extensions?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    You will need to explain in more detail as I cant reproduce.
    There are some cosmetic errors that occur with some actions that I havent resolved as yet - the Trackers/Rolls involve a high degree of complexity in the UI and backend and they have evolved substantially over the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Can you reproduce this in a new campaign with no extensions?
    Very easy to reproduce on the NPC sheet. I tried two different methods.
    Setup: New MC campaign, no extensions.
    1) Create Tracker Roll in Roll Library
    2) Create NPC #1
    3) Add Tracker from library to NPC CT rolls box
    4) Close FG (or /reload)
    5) Open FG, open CT, add NPC #1, error
    6) Create NPC #2
    7) Create Tracker Roll directly on sheet
    8) Close FG (or /reload)
    9) Open FG, open CT, add NPC #1, error
    10) Clear error, add NPC #2, error

The PC errors are hit and miss for me right now. Haven't nailed it down. It feels like with the NPCs that something isn't initializing correctly. If I open the roll preemptively and then add to the CT, no errors.

EDIT:

Also, rechecked trying to double-click the trackers from each NPC sheet without opening/closing roll details and that also reproduces the second error I reported above.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. If all else fails, we could hook up on Google Hangouts and I could demo it for you. Send me an IM if that is something you need.
    Last edited by Hjorimir; March 15th, 2019 at 06:20.

Certainly! Here you go...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjorimir View Post
    Certainly! Here you go...
    try extracting this into the /scripts folder (unpack the ruleset) and retest for me...
    i think there may still be a couple of glitches but some more testing would be useful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

At a quick check, the new script update seems to have handled the error when adding to the CT. However, I still get errors when double-clicking the tracker itself for use (directly off of the character or NPC sheet as well as from the CT when I expose the rolls section).

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (visible) in windowclass (cli_rolls)

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    When you create your rolls do you still get this error if you select an Icon from the cycler?
    I'm not 100% what you meany by "select an Icon from the cycler."

From my testing, if I create the roll I can use it without an issue during that session of the campaign. However, once I close the campaign/FG, open the NPC with the tracker on it. I cannot double-click to use a charge of the tracker without error. Likewise, I cannot add the NPC to the CT without errors. Neither of these things occur if I first open and close the tracker. If there's something specific you'd like me to do past that, please let me know. Again, happy to host a session to demo for you what I'm seeing.

Thread Information