DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Vivified Labyrinth - Curse of the Crimson Throne Map

There are 2 of these maps. 1 called (non-rotating) and 1 without that text. This map design should have parts of the maze rotate in a circular fashion. I haven't been able to locate anything on rotating a certain part of a map in this program. No luck in Google or the forum search.

Does anyone know how to rotate these pieces of the map? Photo below for reference.

2019-03-14 00_59_53-Fantasy Grounds.png

There's a couple of notes in the Part 3 reference manual that may help.

Beyond that, there's not a standard way of showing this in Fantasy Grounds. However, you could make tokens of the central rotating sections (taking screenshots and editing as needed) and put them on the map - you'd need to use the layers extension (and put the tokens on the middle layer) otherwise they'd interfere with PC/NPC tokens on the top layer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 14th, 2019 at 17:09.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's a couple of notes in the Part 3 reference manual that may help.

Beyond that, there's not a standard way of showing this in Fantasy Grounds. However, you could make tokens of the central rotating sections (taking screenshots and editing as needed) and put them on the map - you'd need to use the layers extension (and put the tokens on the middle layer) otherwise they'd interfere with PC/NPC tokens on the top layer.
    Thanks mate. Tokens look like the way to go.

I used Gimp to do stuff like that.

OK. That explains it. Thanks. Disappointing, though. It'd be a perfect place for the technical map to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by dastels View Post
    OK. That explains it. Thanks. Disappointing, though. It'd be a perfect place for the technical map to shine.
    It's possible in FGU to rotate individual map layers these days- I just ran Vivified for a group successfully using FGU's features.

Years ago AngelRoble made maps for Vivified here . I cut the rotating parts of this into circular images that I added as layers on top of the main image. I kept Lighting turned off and when the player's the map, I turned it on so that their image turned black (no PCs should need light effects in the dungeon anyways), then rotated the layers, moved the tokens to their appropriate spot, and turned Lighting back off to reveal the new image.

I have to say, having run Vivified in both FGU and FGC now - FGU's enhanced features made the dungeon one of the most enjoyable parts of the campaign so far. Feel free to ask questions with your attempt
    AngelRoble posted these on the newer https://www.rpgmapshare.com/, but I've never been able to find most of them since the migration.
    Last edited by srbongo; May 29th, 2022 at 14:13. Reason: removed mod
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

I've removed the attachment for the moment. Can you say whether you have permission to distribute these images? If so could you include a story entry just clarifying that please.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I've removed the attachment for the moment. Can you say whether you have permission to distribute these images? If so could you include a story entry just clarifying that please.
    Oh no! It looks like he used a bunch of assets in the images that I'll never be able to find. Despite having permission to edit/post it I think it's best to keep it off for now as I'll tracking down asset artists used in the image will be tough 12 years later.

Thanks for the catch and apologies again.
    Last edited by srbongo; May 29th, 2022 at 14:13. Reason: new info
    Games Running:
    WePF Second Darkness (Pathfinder 1e)
    Raven's Purge - Saturdays (Forbidden Lands)
    SavageWorlds Sci-Fi Sundays (SWADE)
    Savage Worlds Gameday Thursdays (SWADE)

Thread Information