DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adding spell slots per level for a custom class

How do I set the number of spell slots a class receives per level? For example, I want my class to have 3 1st level spell slots at level 1 and then 3 additional (total 6) 1st level spell slots at level 2.

Is it derived from the 'spell slots per spell level' table? If so, does it follow a particular formatting convention?

Thank you in advance!

Hi jumzatron welcome to FG.

The number of spell slots that a class gets at a particular level is built into FG and is based on at what level the spellcaster gets their spells. If you want to change the number of slots you'll need to edit those in preparation mode.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So if I am understanding correctly, there is no way to designate whether my home new class is a full caster, half caster, or third caster?

Quote Originally Posted by jumzatron View Post
    So if I am understanding correctly, there is no way to designate whether my home new class is a full caster, half caster, or third caster?
    Yes, full casters get their spells at 1st level, half casters at second level and third casters at third level.

More information in the second video linked here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Creation-Video
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

That video was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for that and the warm welcome!

Given 3.5th edition has a fourth caster - the bard (who uniquely gets up to 6th level spell slots), is it possible to use some kind of parsing to get that spell progression or is each edition parsed/programmed completely separately (which would make sense)?

I ask because I'd like to build an alternative spell progression to the three options if I could, but it seems like there is no way currently.

Are you asking a question about 3.5 in the 5e ruleset forum? Or is your question something different? If it is about 3.5 then I'd post in the 3.5 forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Varatta View Post
    is each edition parsed/programmed completely separately (which would make sense)?
    Each addition of D&D has it's own ruleset. Each ruleset has it's own code and has different capabilities.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you asking a question about 3.5 in the 5e ruleset forum? Or is your question something different? If it is about 3.5 then I'd post in the 3.5 forum.
    Sorry, I am asking a 5e question that references 3.5. I realise my question didn’t give enough context, sorry. But it sounds like the answer is that each rule set has its own parsing and capabilities. No my answer is basically “nope”. 

Thank you. @LordEntrails. Makes sense.

Thread Information