DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Elgato Stream Deck

I'm looking into picking up one of these units and wondering if anyone has tried to use one with Fantasy Grounds. I'm thinking about (if possible) having the options such as Stories, Maps, NPC's etc stored on the buttons as well as the Combat Tracker, Party Sheet assignable to other buttons so that I can just hit the button to bring these items up and hitting the button again to make them vanish. I usually have a ton of windows open during a game and sometimes it's not so time efficient to have to move windows around to get to the things I need in a quick hurry just for a quick lookup.

Any thoughts?
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, buy one today. They are great. I'm rarely using the start menu now. Streaming aside, if you can hot key it, you can use the stream deck. I LOVE IT.

Back in September, I started a blog article on my setup, but haven't got around to finishing it. It's got screenshots of my setup and what the buttons do. Here's a link https://www.gmwintermute.com/elgato

Happy to answer any questions you got.

Sweet article. Thank you.

Do you know if there are hotkeys for the right side options or is there a comprehensive listing of ALL the hotkeys available?
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

OK, Just figured out you can drag the Menu Buttons and the CT and Party Sheet to the Hot Key bar(s) so that should cover what I need.

Ordering the Deck NOW.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Blog Entries
    With fg, I use the library tabs to hotbar the main buttons like NPCs, stories, and etc.

Only one thing, for the FG hotkeys to work, FG need to be the active window. If you click on a brower window, then hit an FG key, it wont work. Most all programs are like that tho.

I created a blank game template, set up my hotkeys, and then copy the template for new games. Saves you from having to reset everything on a new game.

I have a template table too for each game system. I was looking at the software and it looks like the unit will load the keysets based on a profile when I run Fantasy Grounds so I don't have to use those spots when I'm not playing.

I plan on using this with my Music and Video stuff as well - it looks better and better all the time. Went ahead and bought a second one for my wife to possibly use with her embroidery software.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

My Decks came in today!

Here is my first attempt at the FG profile:

SD-1.jpg

SD-Options.jpg

SD-More.jpg

SD-PC Options.jpg

SD-Library.jpg
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Blog Entries
    That's great, you'll be hooked shortly. I wouldn't trade mine for most anything. And if you didn't know you can use animated .gif as buttons.

Wow! That is pretty awesome, and would sure make life easier (with a lot of things). Tough price point, but may be worth it -- I notice that the smaller 6-key deck is $90 to the full size's $150, but I dunno... I think at that point, might as well just go for the biggest size.
    How to Be a GURPS GM, author
    Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
    Discord, unofficial GURPS hangout and real-time chat

That's exactly the thought process I went thru too and decided on the full size one.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Thread Information