DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    Who's awesome? You guys are awesome!

This plugin for StreamDeck has changed the whole way I look at the device.
    www.accidentaldm.com - The diary of a Newbie DM

I've been messing with this for an hour now and I can't get any of the Super Macros to work. I've tried with the KeyUp/Keydown combos different implementations of the braces and read the wiki, but Unity doesn't seem to be responding to any created macros. ANy ideas?

EDIT: Ah, I figured it out...I'm using Windows 10 and I have to start the Stream Deck with "Run as Administrator"
    Last edited by Raddu; December 30th, 2021 at 16:18. Reason: Adding answer

What I have found to work fairly reliably is something like this (ctrl+shift+alt+f7 example) :

{{KeyDown:LSHIFT}}
    {{KeyDown:LCTRL}}
    {{KeyDown:LALT}}
    {{F7}}
    {{KeyUp:LSHIFT}}
    {{KeyUp:LCTRL}}
    {{KeyUp:LALT}}

output delay is set to 10 ms, and "Don't treat new line as enter" is checked.

Depending on background tasks it almost always works on my system.

Yup, tried that and for some reason it's not working.

What do you mean, "Depending on background tasks it almost always works on my system". What do background tasks have to do with it?

By background tasks I mean if anything causes an unusual lag spike. I have had the macro key get "stuck" holding down one or more modifier before. It's blissfully rare, but I still have a key set to force release.
    As for why it isn't working on your system, I don't know.
    A few questions that have caught me on more than one occasion: Is Fantasy Grounds the active program, and did you remember to set up the hot keys in Fantasy Grounds?

Ah, I figured it out...I'm using Windows 10 and I have to start the Stream Deck with "Run as Administrator"

How to always run an app elevated on Windows 10
    Open Start.
    Search for the app that you want to run elevated.
    Right-click the top result, and select Open file location. ...
    Right-click the app shortcut and select Properties.
    Click on the Shortcut tab.
    Click the Advanced button.
    Check the Run as administrator option.
    Last edited by Raddu; December 30th, 2021 at 16:20.

You should be able to do that from right clicking on shortcut also

Yes, but I wanted to make sure it always runs as Admin so it just works.

So the Super Macros plugin is from BarRaider, which is a Windows only extension for the Stream Deck. For Mac users, you can achieve the same result with Apple Script. It's a little more complicated, but only a little.

Install the "OSA Script" plugin from the Stream Deck store. It will show up under the "Custom" category.

Once you've assigned the OSA Script to a key on the Stream Deck, paste the following code into the "Script (Inline)" field:

Code:
    tell application "System Events"
        tell application "FantasyGrounds" to activate
        key down {shift, control, option}
        delay 0.5
        key code 122
        delay 0.5
        key up {shift, control, option}
    end tell
    This code specifically triggers the shift+control+option+F1

To change the modifier keys to any combination of shift, control, and option. Just make sure that you change it in both the key down and key up portions.

Also note that you will need to restart the Stream Deck after you've entered the Apple Script. The script will not work until you have restarted the Stream Deck app. You should be able to enter multiple scripts before restarting.

For the function keys, you will need to use key codes. The key codes are:

F1 - 122
    F2 - 120
    F3 - 99
    F4 - 118
    F5 - 96
    F6 - 97
    F7 - 98
    F8 - 100
    F9 - 101
    F10 - 109
    F11 - 103
    F12 - 111

Key Codes were sourced from here:
    https://eastmanreference.com/complet...ript-key-codes

For F1-F12 with no modifier keys, I just used the basic "hotkey" option rather than using the script. However, if you use them with the OSA Script, you can trigger the hot key with any other app active as it will first switch to Fantasy Grounds before running the command.
    Last edited by intergalactic; January 1st, 2022 at 21:21.

As I am organizing my Stream Deck, it occurs to me that 96 hot key options might not be enough -- especially since I just learned about the /option command. (I'll make another post at some point showing off my Stream Deck setup.)

To create more space on my Stream Deck, I've been experimenting with a simple SD actions that will type a command into chat. I am using a multi-action to do the following:

1. System:Text*
    Type the command (e.g. /option REVL off)

2. Delay
    500ms

3. System:Text
    Type space and then check "Press Enter after message"

*I tried checking "Press Enter after message" on this first command, but the "Enter" press always happens before the text has been written.

Now, the bigger issue is actually getting the cursor into the chat window. Right now, I have to manually place it there, which is not ideal, but to be able to toggle some of these options without having to go into the options panel is a huge win. Specifically things like: showing/hiding the DM rolls, various CoreRPG Combat Highlighter options,

Ideally, there would be some way to activate the chat as part of the command. I've tried issuing a chat command like /save as the first action in the sequence, thinking that it would make the chat active and enter the subsequent command into the chat. But that is not the case. Any /commands are issued to the chat in the background and the chat never becomes active. I've tried a variety of them, but none seem to actually bring chat to the front.

Anyway, wanted to share another, simpler way to get the stream deck to work -- even if it is in some limited capacity.

Thread Information