DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    There is nothing specific to FGU that we are doing for Elgato; and we are using the keyboard event system built into the core Unity system. So, given that, I'm not sure that there is much we can do on this. Plus, this is not something at the top of our priority list.

Our priority currently is vision/lighting and a community workshop.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    The Streamdeck can recreate keystrokes, so I don’t know what has to be done except to make the graphics for buttons. I barely know how to use mine and replicated the buttons from classic in about 30 minutes.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    I've had no issues with the Streamdeck using Classic, only with Unity. The streamdeck works fine using F1-F12. The trouble is when you are using the expanded function keys (ATL-CTRL-SHIFT). Setting up the ALT-F3 key, unity is only reading the F3 and not the alt key. As Moon Wizard pointed out, FGU is using Unity's keyboard handling system. Since it is technically not their problem, I've submitted a support ticket to Elgato on the issue. I will post when I get a reply back.

Until then, I guess we will have to use our favorite VTT without our favorite toy. As much as I will miss my 40+ FG hotkey buttons, no way I'm going back to FGC.

If people are having trouble with getting this to work with Unity, this is what I found:
    grab the "SuperMacro" extension listed under the "More Actions" button in the Elgato software.
    From there, use the Super Macro with the following settings (example is for shift+alt+ctrl+ f1):

In Short-Press Macro:
    {{KeyDown:LSHIFT}}
    {{KeyDown:LCTRL}}
    {{KeyDown:LALT}}
    {{F1}}
    {{KeyUp:LSHIFT}}
    {{KeyUp:LCTRL}}
    {{KeyUp:LALT}}

Output Delay: 1 ms
    Check the "Don't treat "New Line" as Enter" box.

to modify it for other shortcuts, just remove the KeyDown: (mod) and KeyUp: (mod) lines that aren't needed, or change the F1 to the appropriate key.
    It works in both Unity and Classic.
    Last edited by Seabvharin; December 27th, 2020 at 19:10.

BEAUTIFUL!

Will try that when I get off work. ��
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

It kind of works... it seems to catch the buttons better but no matter what combinations I use for a key, it only shows the base key. i.e. even if I try and do a {{KeyDown:LSHIFT}}{{F1}}{{KeyUp:LSHIFT}} or {{CTRL}{SHIFT}{F1}} (when captured), it only shows what I have on the F1 key and not any other combination. :/
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

If I understand you issue here:
    The method I posted just triggers each modifier, then the F key, then releases each modifier key. This does result in FG returning to only showing the core set of hotkeys.

Or is it only tripping the base F1 key regardless of setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabvharin View Post
    If I understand you issue here:
    The method I posted just triggers each modifier, then the F key, then releases each modifier key. This does result in FG returning to only showing the core set of hotkeys.

Or is it only tripping the base F1 key regardless of setup?
    It's strange because if I hit the key on the SD once or twice, it might show what's actually programmed but it will eventually just show the Base F1 key.

Thanks!
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I ran a game with it last night. Finally out of testing the super macros.
    Notable issues:
    Up the Output delay to 10 - 20 ms. Turns out that Unity is a little more sensitive to timing when other things are running. Seems to better hit the command wanted instead of missing a keystroke.
    Do not use Alt+F4 or Shift+Alt+F4 in windows. Turns out that Unity will not grab that particular shortcut and will let the OS handle it. very rude surpise to be staring at my desktop all of a sudden. (For non-windows users, Alt+F4 is the windows "close" shortcut for programs.)

Thread Information