DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    That is an old map pack from the last edition. The maps are still usable and could be interchanged as needed but are not necessary to play through the adventure. If you have the latest iteration of the Rise of the Drow: Collector's Edition for 5E, that has the best maps, art, etc. and all you need to run the game!

This is with respect to:
    Story entry 01.1.043 Acolytes' Quarters.
    Section: 16-17 Study Rooms.

I seem to be missing something compared to the original PDF:
    The side note of the original PDF for the Cacophony Mask seems to be missing (page 14).
    The story entry in FG (01.1.043) has in the description for room 16-17 the text "(see page 14)". This should be replaced with something like "See Link Below". Then there should be a new story entry for the Mask that then can be linked here.
    In addition one ghoublin is placed in room 16, where also the trap is placed. This does not make sense because the ghoublin would already have set the trap off (any creature within 5 feet sets it off).
    So either the ghoublin or the trap needs to move to room 17. I moved in my campaign the trap and the bag with treasure to room 17.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchcolonial View Post
    This is with respect to:

The side note of the original PDF for the Cacophony Mask seems to be missing (page 14).
    The story entry in FG (01.1.043) has in the description for room 16-17 the text "(see page 14)". This should be replaced with something like "See Link Below". Then there should be a new story entry for the Mask that then can be linked here.
    In addition one ghoublin is placed in room 16, where also the trap is placed. This does not make sense because the ghoublin would already have set the trap off (any creature within 5 feet sets it off).
    So either the ghoublin or the trap needs to move to room 17. I moved in my campaign the trap and the bag with treasure to room 17.
    I'll look into this...
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchcolonial View Post
    This is with respect to:

Fixed in next update...
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

this may be a stupid question (or even inappropriate). looking at my physical copy of Rise of the Drow, it *looks* like every monster in this campaign is individually statted out in the back of the book. even "typical" monsters from the Monster Manual. if I buy the FG online version of this, do I need the D&D MM in order to play, or will the FG module have all the monster stats and artwork as per the book?

Cheers,

J.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jman5000 View Post
    this may be a stupid question (or even inappropriate). looking at my physical copy of Rise of the Drow, it *looks* like every monster in this campaign is individually statted out in the back of the book. even "typical" monsters from the Monster Manual. if I buy the FG online version of this, do I need the D&D MM in order to play, or will the FG module have all the monster stats and artwork as per the book?

Cheers,

J.
    It's self-contained, ALL monsters will be there.
    Become a Patron!
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE

All modules come with the monsters listed in the book, AFAIK

Looking to pick this up while it's on sale. Bit of confusion tho. I see someone early on mentioned PF. I see in the recent email promo it says you need FGU PF/3.5. Yet there is lots of discussion in the above posts that state it's 5E. Can I get confirmation which version it is? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by celebrindal View Post
    Looking to pick this up while it's on sale. Bit of confusion tho. I see someone early on mentioned PF. I see in the recent email promo it says you need FGU PF/3.5. Yet there is lots of discussion in the above posts that state it's 5E. Can I get confirmation which version it is? Thanks.
    Both versions are available. There are different entries for each version in the store. Just make sure you're putting the right one in your cart.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thanks, one last question. I like to support both Paizo and FG. I also like to have a PDF that I can read on my iPad away from my CPU at times. As such for large items like this I try to buy the Paizo and then use the discount to buy the FG version. I see on Paizo the 'normal' Rise of the drow but not the collectors edition. There are some articles where folks discuss but no link to product. Link to the production i'm talking about here. https://paizo.com/products/btpy95ei?Rise-of-the-Drow.

What I'd like to know finally is, is the collectors edition on Paizo somewhere for me to buy? If not and I buy the 'regular' version will I get a discount on the collectors from FG? (or would there be too much difference between them that it would be a bad idea to do that.)

Thanks.

Thread Information