STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 16 First 1234513 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Zacchaeus Thanks for the details... Makes sense now.
    Stv Sorry if it sounded like I wasn’t going to do it. I was mostly wondering what I was missing. Evidently a lot. I’ll get to it soon as I can.

Minty, you have outdone yourself again a great extension!
    Going to use it this week, I wonder if it works with action abilities.

Blog Entries
    Roll initiative every round, hide order. You can already do this in FG just by using existing options.

Edit: in CoreRPG rulesets at least.
    Last edited by JohnD; April 16th, 2019 at 13:21.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    I will take a look. Depending on how the author implemented it, it may add considerable work or almost none.
    That would be nice if you could make it work with that extension, having all the important information on the character sheet action tab is great.

How hard would it be to predefine skill check visibility based on a preference?

Physical skills such as athletic and acrobatic and performance visible and skills such as stealth and perception hidden instead of all or nothing?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    ... I wonder if it works with action abilities.
    Thank you DGM.
    “action abilities”? Sorry. I don’t understand what that means. Example please. (Does this mean the rollable actions based on class or race?)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Roll initiative every round, hide order. You can already do this in FG just by using existing options.

Edit: in CoreRPG rulesets at least.
    YEs you can do that, but the request is to use this extension to hide initiative rolls as well (using the LDTE functions, not the regular dice tower function)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    Thank you DGM.
    “action abilities”? Sorry. I don’t understand what that means. Example please. (Does this mean the rollable actions based on class or race?)
    It is the extension you referenced earlier in another comment that I didn’t see yet.
    It shows the ability scores on the action page of the character sheet

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DGM View Post
    How hard would it be to predefine skill check visibility based on a preference? ... Physical skills [versus] performance skills ... instead of all or nothing?
    I’m a bit skeptical about trying to handle sub groups: e.g. physical v. performance. Because then someone else comes along and wants a different sub group schema. And another after that.

When I first developed this extension I had considered making the dice tower routing for the skills individually definable. I can revisit this. It is a large amount of work. First, how does one choose which ones to auto route? Adding 10-20 options to the option manager is not acceptable in my opinion. So do I add riight click context menus to the individual skills? Or, as I initially considered dragging the local dice tower on to those skills to turn on auto routing. Then there is the issue of “indication”. Some visible control which indicates which skill is auto routed. For convenience it must be next to the control you double click on to cause the dice roll. A small check box control would solve both selectability and indication. After that there is the issue of persistence: your choices remain persistent from session to session, so you don’t have to go select them again at the beginning of each session. (The option manager takes care of this for me. It would be added functionality for non option manager selectability.) Writing info to the db.xml will solve persistence and again the check box might be the best way to do this. Real estate on the form becomes an issue, in 5E and 3.5E the real estate near the dice control is at a premium let alone in the other extension you’re asking me to support.

I’m not saying no, just that this is not trivial, and it involves closely interweaving code execution with another extension that I have no control over. I’ll investigate and report back.

Keep in mind too. One can always override auto routing by dragging a roll to the chat box.

No worries I was looking at it to see how hard it would be to branch off and keep maintaining the minor adjustment.

On the sleeper island community we have a set of prefined skills that go into the tower and others that don’t it might be easy to automate with this.

Will have to look into it later how hard that would be

Omg Minty,
    I'm sorry if my request has opened a can of worms for you from other users
    Although it does show your extension is popular
    Hope the requests don't give you too many headaches.

Cheers, Steve.

Thread Information