STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 16 First ... 41213141516 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    My first thought is that this should be possible. Right now I am in the process of relocating. I won’t be settled in enough to seriously look at this for about a month. But when I get my head above water again, I surely will.
    My players already do this using this extension. Not sure what else would be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    My players already do this using this extension. Not sure what else would be needed.
    I suspect you have it set for all saving throws to go to the dice tower. You are right that it would hide the roll in that case. I was hoping not to have to hide ALL saving throws though, just death saving throws.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    I suspect you have it set for all saving throws to go to the dice tower. You are right that it would hide the roll in that case. I was hoping not to have to hide ALL saving throws though, just death saving throws.
    I just have death saves set to manual and the players themselves drag/drop the death save die in the tower.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I just have death saves set to manual and the players themselves drag/drop the death save die in the tower.
    Ah, I see. That is definitely doable. I was just hoping for a solution that retained the auto rolling of death saves.

I would like this option also if it were possible, this is how we do it on our table where we see all the save throws normally, however, I don't want to announce a PC death saves to everyone at the table. Having a secondary option for only this would be great.

Blog Entries
    I’m looking into this saving throw thing now: handling death saves separately from all other saves.
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Blog Entries
    @ Dudin and MrDDT
    ... Do you think it would be possible at all to make death saving throws become hidden to all but the DM/player (since they have access to their character sheet)?
    This seems pretty easy, so far. Based on the wording of your question, it appears as though you'd like the roll to be hidden from everybody but the DM and the player? Is that correct?

Keeping it DM only (via the local dice tower) is easy. But also showing it to the player, making the save, will involve much more effort. The result could be telegraphed to the player by the DM by checking the appropriate Pass/Fail indicators. And if you need to telegraph the actual roll value to the player, then the DM can drag the dice roll from the chat on to the player's portrait.

Untitled.jpg

Is this acceptable?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Any chance you could add support to the mini sheet?
    What rule set? PF1? If so I am completely unfamiliar with PF. How do I invoke the mini character sheet?
    Current Projects:
    Always...
    Community Contributions:
    Extensions: Bardic Inspiration, Druid Wild Shapes, Local Dice Tower, Library Field Filters
    Tutorial Blog Series: "A Neophyte Tackles (coding) the FG Extension".

Quote Originally Posted by Minty23185Fresh View Post
    @ Dudin and MrDDT

This seems pretty easy, so far. Based on the wording of your question, it appears as though you'd like the roll to be hidden from everybody but the DM and the player? Is that correct?

Keeping it DM only (via the local dice tower) is easy. But also showing it to the player, making the save, will involve much more effort. The result could be telegraphed to the player by the DM by checking the appropriate Pass/Fail indicators. And if you need to telegraph the actual roll value to the player, then the DM can drag the dice roll from the chat on to the player's portrait.

Untitled.jpg

Is this acceptable?
    Hey Minty! I hope the move went well.

I would personally be fine with the player in question making death saves be aware of the pass/fail count. It is keeping it a mystery for the other players who need to take action to help is what I was seeking.
    I play with death saves rolled automatically for unconscious players. So in my mind the ideal function for the extension would be that the player who is downed would be the following:
    1 - Player starts their turn and the death save is automatically rolled
    2 - Roll is hidden from all but the DM.
    3 - The DM sees the result and the downed player knows the result based on whether a pass/fail was added to their sheet.

Other's preference may vary, but that would be perfect for me
    I can definitely understand that trying to keep it hidden from the player making the death save would be difficult.

The player can see the results due to the ticks on his character.

On this basis I would be happy for the results only to be sent to the GM.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing