Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Do you know if it is the first or last save of the day?
    How do you know that it isn’t in the middle ��
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

How would it know when it is the last?

Ok I found another issue I could use some help with. My Character Manager lost its data. There are no characters in the folder. Is there a restore procedure for this side of FG?

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    Ok I found another issue I could use some help with. My Character Manager lost its data. There are no characters in the folder. Is there a restore procedure for this side of FG?
    Look in <FG app data>\characters there'll be FG XML files with <ruleset name>.xml and also backup session files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

There is 1 xml for PFRPG which I am missing my Pathfinder characters. But no backup sessions just various rule set folders. What should I do here?

Quote Originally Posted by KILLGORE View Post
    There is 1 xml for PFRPG which I am missing my Pathfinder characters. But no backup sessions just various rule set folders. What should I do here?
    Were the PCs created on the same computer under the Manage Characters -> ruleset selection or where they created on another computer? Or did you use Manage Characters -> campaign to view PCs you control in a campaign?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I recently lost all of FG but used a recovery tool to find db.xml file and db backups and db session files. How do I restore those? no campaign folder left anymore, sadly. Though do have campagin xml document and campaign registry.lau

Also lost a big mod of custom content - couldn't recover a .mod file but did recover an xml by the same name - any way to recover that into a .mod file?

Blog Entries
    Create a new campaign, exit FG. Then replace the db.xml and other files you recovered for those in that campaign. Start up and see if you got lucky.

Do they same things for your module xml.

Otherwise might have to get into manually editing those xml files.

Oh, and do all you testing with COPIES not the originals of the recovered files

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

So that worked for the campaign, sadly it wasn't the campaign I was looking for. =P Back to digging through lost files. Great to know it works.

FYI, the .mod did not recover from the xml of the same name. I put it in the modules folder and couldn't find it in the game. Is there a resource on manually editing an xml to recover it as a .mod? How do I do something like that?

------------------------
    Update: got an undelete/recovery tool and after MANY hours of searching found my old files, restored them and the old campaign works again! Now just need to move over to unity! =) Thanks for the help everyone.
    Last edited by Varatta; April 21st, 2020 at 10:57.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 4.47.04 PM.png

Ahoy all! I'm following this thread after losing my campaign data. I went in and renamed a backup db.xml file to the new db.xml file but still no characters, no encounters, no campaign notes, all of the images I've added are there. Any suggestions ?

Thread Information