DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Don't use the backup files; those are used for database migration points. Use the session files which are created once each day (the first time you open).

Regards,
    JPG

What if I don't have any file named db.xml in my campaign folder? I tried renaming the last session to db.xml, but it just ran a newer session with none of the lost files.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scootrue View Post
    What if I don't have any file named db.xml in my campaign folder? I tried renaming the last session to db.xml, but it just ran a newer session with none of the lost files.
    Please provide a screenshot of all the files with details shown (file size, date, etc) in your campaign folder.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Check the date it was made and find another backup with or around that date and try that one.

I had this issue today and there were two files in the campaign directory.

Both were XML files but one was named "db.xml" and the other was "db"

I was not able to recover the campaign until I replaced the one named "db"

Character portraits were gone though even though everything else looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus13 View Post
    I had this issue today and there were two files in the campaign directory.

Both were XML files but one was named "db.xml" and the other was "db"

I was not able to recover the campaign until I replaced the one named "db"

Character portraits were gone though even though everything else looks good.
    The file you need to replace is db.xml. You didn't see the .xml extension as you'll not have "file name extensions" selected in the Show/Hide section of the View tab in File Explorer. So, make sure you have that option selected and operate against db.xml. The other file you mentioned would have been db.xml.xml - and would have probably been from a previous manual copy as FG wouldn't create such a file.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information