DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Re: Meander Map Pack

I have bought Venmire Woods and cannot find out how to combine the different 'tiles' into a large map. The module states that you can do this and even gives an example of a completed map. The developers cal this 'synching'.

How do you do this in Fantasy Grounds ?

I have searched the forum for any help on this and cannot find anything.

Thanks,

Ron

Blog Entries
    Hey Ron. You cant do this nicely in Fantasy Grounds.
    This is a really nice tool to use with tiles.
    https://www.mapeditor.org/

And then you can use your finished map in FG.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have had a quick look at mapeditor and it looks pretty good.

The problem is that it seems to need standard graphics files (jpg etc) as input and there seems to be no way of getting at the Meander tiles in one of these formats.

Another alterntive, maybe the best option as it is tabletop rpg driven is to use Maptools. You can configure your map and export as .png and then convert to jpg for small size of the file.
    https://www.rptools.net/
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks,

The problem is that I have bought this pack from the FG store and can only access the graphics from within FG. (I also cannot a find any reference to it in my FG Data directory)

I quote from the product info :-

'Maps are sized specially for FG at 1350x900 and under 500 kb each to help prevent slow-down during play. The maps are sized to perfectly fit a 50 or 60px grid that you can manually place over the top of the map using Fantasy Grounds. Join the maps in this module together with each other, with other modules in this series, use a single map or use a combination of Time-lapse, Role-play and/or the supplied weighted Random Roll Table to determine when maps are used and where adventurers end up next.'

Nothing says that I need external graphics packages to do this.

If I cannot do this within FG then the product info needs changing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarexes View Post
    Thanks,

The problem is that I have bought this pack from the FG store and can only access the graphics from within FG. (I also cannot a find any reference to it in my FG Data directory)

I quote from the product info :-

'Maps are sized specially for FG at 1350x900 and under 500 kb each to help prevent slow-down during play. The maps are sized to perfectly fit a 50 or 60px grid that you can manually place over the top of the map using Fantasy Grounds. Join the maps in this module together with each other, with other modules in this series, use a single map or use a combination of Time-lapse, Role-play and/or the supplied weighted Random Roll Table to determine when maps are used and where adventurers end up next.'

Nothing says that I need external graphics packages to do this.

If I cannot do this within FG then the product info needs changing.
    I think you should email your feedback to [email protected]
    That part of the description is probably not accurate for FG as is...

Thanks for all your comments. I think that this thread can now be considered closed.

Blog Entries
    The author of the map series is on the forums (look for the lastest Meanders KS thread in the commons section). Kris can probably help you.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Hey Anaraxes, just caught this thread in my travels. FG doesn't currently allow you to fit maps together in the traditional sense of locking them into place like tiles with one another. However, there are two approaches that Meanders can simulate this with in FG. You can open any two maps and resize them to fit them side by side - or/and you use pins (links). This means dragging the top left-hand link from one map onto the other so that it can be clicked when passing from the edge of one map to the next. By adding map A's link to map B and the reverse, you can transition easily between the two and more. Click on the MAP SELECTION PANEL to access the various maps and pin them to each other. Hope this helps!
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Winter, Night and Fantasy City Meander Packs submitted to Smiteworks. Hopefully to come out soon....
    KrisfromGTW / aka 'Maphatter'. gametilewarehouse2020.com

Thread Information