FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

[WOIN] to [2000AD] Building a subset based on existing rules: Mod or Ext?

I'm not sure on the terminology so I'll ask at the end for that help as it's probably easiest to answer. Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000ad are based on the What's O.L.D is N.E.W system a large portion of the exploits, items, and most importantly the dice are the exact same. With that in mind I want to create a package of some sort that can house my 2000ad stuff for when I want to run (rather import my current campaign) a campaign on FG. This includes the races, classes, and anything else that my be different in the setting. But I don't want to modify the base files in any way so I can still run N.E.W games as needed. I want to click a button when I launch like I do with MoreCore->Shadowrun5e for example and have it come up only then.

Is this desired outcome possible? What would it be called, module or extension? For clarification I do not plan to publish or distribute this, if I did I would obviously be restricted by Rebellion's possession of the liscense. This would also allow me to start marking content under the WOIN open license for their settings!

Blog Entries
    This series is on creating extensions for Fantasy Grounds.
    It is specifically about MoreCore but the concepts are the same for every ruleset - with the exception that WOIN is probably locked in the vault so you cant see all the code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PS...qc_9w1TWQfTPUA

In saying all that - most of what you are describing is creating Content.
    Start a Blank Campaign and create your content and Export it.
    This will create a .mod file which will be loadable in your future campaigns.
    Any time you want to add stuff to this do it in the Blank Campaign you setup for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    This series is on creating extensions for Fantasy Grounds.
    It is specifically about MoreCore but the concepts are the same for every ruleset - with the exception that WOIN is probably locked in the vault so you cant see all the code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PS...qc_9w1TWQfTPUA

In saying all that - most of what you are describing is creating Content.
    Start a Blank Campaign and create your content and Export it.
    This will create a .mod file which will be loadable in your future campaigns.
    Any time you want to add stuff to this do it in the Blank Campaign you setup for this purpose.
    Right, I've seen a few videos that suggest saving the source campaign and backing it up as it's needed down the line. I'll give your videos a try again. Some of the programing ones were way over my head. You've been great about setting me in the right direction, my players won't know to thank you but they will later on.

Edit: Found my answer where I expected in the WOIN thread. I need to sleep.
    Last edited by irishrelief; February 27th, 2019 at 06:17.

Blog Entries
    I have simple code for a d60 in MoreCore which I shared with MBM but I dont know if it has been implemented....

ninja'd by the OP.

I saw it. Thanks again. I'm starting to see that I bought an incomplete product which is annoying for my 3rd purchase of WOIN. The D60+1D6 is brilliant, something I had not thought of. I tried to edit the string to <dice type="dice">1d60+1d6</dice> but i get numbers all over the place. I can't seem to only get 10 20 30 etc. Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

Blog Entries
    If you are getting those then I dont think that the 1d60 was implemented...
    What is the WOIN ruleset file named? It is in the /vault directory.

Blog Entries
    Try this extension. Its not perfect - its very difficult to grab the d60 because it sits over another die and I cant change that... /die 1d60 definitely works and you can probably grab the die and drag it into the table if you are careful (and patient)
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you are getting those then I dont think that the 1d60 was implemented...
    What is the WOIN ruleset file named? It is in the /vault directory.
    Try this extension. Its not perfect - its very difficult to grab the d60 because it sits over another die and I cant change that... /die 1d60 definitely works and you can probably grab the die and drag it into the table if you are careful (and patient)
    There are three files in the vault names ENPWOIN.dat, ENPWOINNEW.dat, and ENPWOINNEWDAA.dat. I will try the extention, is it possible to use a string like (1d6*10)+1d6 to get the desired outcome? I honestly thought I was getting a complete rule set when I made my purchase.

Thread Information