DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 19 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Does anyone know how I can use this template to write up and import story modules?

Greetings all,

I have a question about Module creation.
    It seems from my digging around that if I use the content importer and add library items for like skills and hindrances, or even use the SWEL to import skills and such, that it does not actually add these skills to the skill tab on the right had side. That those also need to be added separately.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Panzermeyer View Post
    Greetings all,

I have a question about Module creation.
    It seems from my digging around that if I use the content importer and add library items for like skills and hindrances, or even use the SWEL to import skills and such, that it does not actually add these skills to the skill tab on the right had side. That those also need to be added separately.

Is this correct or am I missing something?
    Records will only appear to sidebar after you have exported the created module.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

But I added them to a module exported the module. However they are still not showing up on the right hand side.

Module_Creation.png

I am hoping that by using the content importer and then the Enhanced Library to add things into the Library pane that they will then show up in the various tabs on the screen for the module when I export it and then load that new module. Is that not quite how this works?
    Last edited by Panzermeyer; April 16th, 2020 at 21:39.

That's how it works. For instance SWADE rulebook modules were created with with SWEL. Everything that you find in SWADE is what you can get with SWEL.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I tried adding a Gear: Cyberware page, and was able to get such a list, but I'm unable to view it after exporting/importing. Even though other stuff like weapons work. Do I need the SciFi Companion, or is there some way to activate Cyberware that I have to do first?

Edit: I mean I don't see a Cyberware category in the sidebar. And I found nothing in the items menu.
    Last edited by Tommycore; April 17th, 2020 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycore View Post
    I tried adding a Gear: Cyberware page, and was able to get such a list, but I'm unable to view it after exporting/importing. Even though other stuff like weapons work. Do I need the SciFi Companion, or is there some way to activate Cyberware that I have to do first?

Edit: I mean I don't see a Cyberware category in the sidebar. And I found nothing in the items menu.
    You are correct.

Core ruleset support cyberware records itself but does not have implementation for list or way for characters to equip them. You need to have Science Fiction Companion to have full support.

Ah, that explains that. So the SciFi-Companion unlocks Cyberware, Super Power Companion unlocks HQs, and the adventure deck unlocks... well, the adventure deck, obviously. Is there anything else that offers new functionality? Or is the rest "just" new content?

Also - Mad respect on how flexible you made the system. I was really afraid I'd have to dig deep in order to cull out things that I don't want for my setting, until I saw your post about the SW API. That makes my life SO much easier. I can just unregister everything to a bare minimum of content, and add it back in bit by bit, as my group and I learn the rules. Love it. Both as a GM and Coder - This is a piece of art, and I admire your work.

how do i include images in the text i add? i added a race and i want an image of it in there like it already does in the purchased 50 fathoms

Thread Information