DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 19 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    Here's something I've found that's annoying when I export my library module - it deletes the images from the module I was using to create it. So if I have to go back and edit the module I have to re-import all the images, and they don't have the same image.id #'s anymore. So then I have to re-edit my entire module and update all the image.id's.

That's really annoying. Is there some way to fix this?
    Using images from other modules doesn't sound right. However could you provide me step by step instruction how to reproduce this?
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I create a reference module.
    I add images such as:
    @@blocks.block000.blocktype::image
    @@blocks.block000.align::center
    @@blocks.block000.size::480,400
    @@blocks.block000.image::&images/IMG Mushroom garden.jpg
    @@blocks.block000.imagelink::@imagewindow::image.i d-00008

I then export the finished reference library as a module. When I export it all of the used images go into the module (which is what I want) but - all the ones in the images folder that I'm creating the module with are also erased! So if I want to edit/change the module I have to re-import all the images again (screwing up their image.id #'s) and it's a royal pain.

I'm using FGC for this.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    I create a reference module.
    I add images such as:
    @@blocks.block000.blocktype::image
    @@blocks.block000.align::center
    @@blocks.block000.size::480,400
    @@blocks.block000.image::&images/IMG Mushroom garden.jpg
    @@blocks.block000.imagelink::@imagewindow::image.i d-00008

I then export the finished reference library as a module. When I export it all of the used images go into the module (which is what I want) but - all the ones in the images folder that I'm creating the module with are also erased! So if I want to edit/change the module I have to re-import all the images again (screwing up their image.id #'s) and it's a royal pain.

I'm using FGC for this.
    I cannot reproduce the issue. I re-generated SWADE modules with SWEL and no such issue occurs. Images are still intact in campaign and their database node ids remain the same. Remember that SWEL itself does not store images. You must have campaign that is dedicated for storing and hosting any images you reference in SWEL markdown. You should keep the campaign separated from your play campaign.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I wish I knew why this happens. I'm using Enhanced Library v2.0.6 and no other modules except the SWADE rules.
    I'll be creating another reference manual in a few days if work goes well and see if it deletes every image again.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    Unless something has changed, FG will not copy images like it will other record types (due to the aforementioned legal reasons) so if that is still the case, images from some other .mod (which is what I thought you said you were doing above?) are not "in your campaign" for SWEL to work with. If you're importing local image files into your campaign image window, everything should work fine. If that's not the case, please post steps (not markdown) to reproduce.

I create a module for my reference manual. The only extension is enhanced library.
    I add images to the images folder of this module.
    I add those images to my reference module.
    I then export the reference manual as a module.
    I then click on the 'export' button in the Library. Add the name of the reference manual and export it.

The images in the images folder are deleted.
    They are in the new .mod file.

This is all done in Fantasy Grounds Classic.
    If I have to update/edit my reference module I then have to re-import all the images and re-number them as their ID numbers have changed.

It's not a 'game breaker' but it's a pain cause I have to edit and update stuff.
    Ultimate license owner.

I cannot recreate have this problem, either though I think Tayln did say once he had something similar...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Shouldn't you be adding the images to your campaign not the module?
    Ultimate License Holder

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I cannot recreate have this problem, either though I think Tayln did say once he had something similar...
    Indeed, but I never put images in my campaign, I leave them in the /images/ folder and manually handle them (two reasons: 1) i dislike the way FG plops everything into the root folder of a module which is messy, and 2) I nearly always have several images I will display in the reference manual but do not want in the master Images window) but in doing so, when I /importlib either SWEL or FG itself deletes the images so I have to set each one to read only permissions to avoid that.

Do the images need to be numbered though? I thought we can use a wild card. Eberron does it like this:

Code:
    @@blocks.*.blocktype::image
    @@blocks._.image::&images/Cover.jpg
    @@blocks._.size::535,827
    @@blocks._.imagelink::@imagewindow::..
    @@blocks._.name::Eberron for Savage Worlds
    @@blocks._.nonid_name::Eberron for Savage Worlds
    As long as the @@blocks._.image:: line is pointing to a specific image, can't it be done like this?

Thread Information