FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 8 of 19 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Yep, read it, and that was over a month ago. There's been loads of updates for FGU and it would be nice if we could get some updates for our favorite modules and extensions. I understand Ikael is busy, but if he's already got it updated why not just fire it out?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

So here's a problem I just ran into. When I create a reference manual it generates its own images - so when I load it and my module in a game the reference manuals modules don't sync up with maps/images/story of the module.
    Do I have to tag all the images/story to the module name before exporting the reference module?
    This is a huge problem.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    From my understanding, you need to first have all the images dropped into the Images window on the sidebar in order for SWEL to use them in both the Preview and the export. I don't do my projects this way because I nearly always have images display in my reference manuals that I do not want in the master Images index. (That's for Classic anyway; last I heard Ikael say anything about Unity, neither SWADE nor SWEL was working there until some specific documentation was provided. So, use SWEL with FGU at your own risk.)

That's what I did - I used the images from my images folder, then created the reference module and exported it. Then created a module for the campaign and exported that.
    When I open the reference manual it looks fine - but when you click on any pins or other linked images - it creates a new reference for them. It also creates its own images folder.
    Dang. And yep, I'm using FGU cause why bother to spend 100+ hours writing/editing something for classic?
    Ultimate license owner.

If you create it in FGC it can be easily used in FGU. Just drop the module in the \module folder.
    Last edited by YggBjorn; September 30th, 2020 at 21:54. Reason: left out a word

Is there a way to program in the roll modifiers that appear in the Notes section of the Edge, or do I add those by hand after the Reference Manual is imported?

Top window shows an Edge from SWADE with the roll modifiers in the Notes section. Bottom window shows a freshly imported Edge with no roll modifiers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

seems I added a space in the name somehow.
    Last edited by Sgain; October 5th, 2020 at 05:25.
    Ultimate license owner.

anyone else having issues with images after the latest update to FGU? All my reference manual work is now not functioning.
    Ultimate license owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    anyone else having issues with images after the latest update to FGU? All my reference manual work is now not functioning.
    The tool was built and designed to work with FGC, if a change has been made to FGU that alters the way images work I would suspect that will be the cause.

I do all my product creation in FGC as I need it to work in FGC and FGU will it will not do if I built in FGU, I think officially FGU is not supported it just used to work.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I think officially FGU is not supported it just used to work.
    True statement. Ikael has repeatedly said that SWEL is not Unity-ready and won't be until provided with some specific documentation he's requested. Plus, I think he's "on break" right now?

Thread Information