FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

BUG (?): PC Tokens on Map Not Saved Between Sessions & Other Observations

I had some interest expressed among some of the long term people I've played with for some Rolemaster, so I fired up the ruleset again for the first time in ~ 2+ years.

Normally I would continue to comply with the directive I was given back in late December or early January, but I have found something "wrong" with the Rolemaster ruleset that did not exist before (as far as I can remember).

The "Before" picture is the CT and map status at the end of a session. You will see the PC (Artis), a friendly dog and a hostile undead are on the map.

RM Before.jpg

The "After" picture is the CT and map status at the start of the following session, having done nothing other than loaded FG, opened the CT and then the map. You note that the friendly dog and the hostile undead are still present. What is missing is the token representing the PC (although the square is still green indicating to me that FG still knows where the PC is, but for some reason the token is lost between sessions. I also noted that the dog and the undead were defaulted to "not visible" in the CT when I opened it this time, so visible / not visible is also not being saved between sessions.

RM After.jpg

Is this something that can be looked at and fixed? It doesn't seem possible to me that I am somehow causing this, but if there is anything I can do to help rule out possible causes, I'm happy to do that.

Please and thank you.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The visibility issue will definitely need to be answered by the developer.

For the missing token, that may not be a RMC ruleset issue, but not sure. Is the token missing on the GM side or the player side? If the GM side, then it would need more investigation. If you still have the campaign with the issue intact, you can zip up and send over. If the player side, then it could be a caching issue. Clearing the cache on the player side, and re-downloading, usually fixes that. Missing graphics are sometimes caused by network inconsistencies (usually due to noisy wireless connections).

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    It is both GM and player side. I will compress the campaign and send it to support later today.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Campaign sent to support email.

- John Diefenbaker

John,

Thanks for sending that over. Using your example, I was able to recreate. It's related to using the tokens auto-generated from portraits.

In RMC, there is no way to set a different token on the character sheet. So, the workaround is to specify a different token in the combat tracker for PCs before adding to the map.

I have also generated a new build of the Test version (v3.3.8) that should address the issue in the long term. You can switch to the Test version to try it out if you like. We don't currently have a timeline for v3.3.8 release, but I'm keeping it as an ongoing bug fix version for stuff I find on the side while working on FGU that I'll probably push in late March to early April.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    John,

Thanks for sending that over. Using your example, I was able to recreate. It's related to using the tokens auto-generated from portraits.

In RMC, there is no way to set a different token on the character sheet. So, the workaround is to specify a different token in the combat tracker for PCs before adding to the map.

I have also generated a new build of the Test version (v3.3.8) that should address the issue in the long term. You can switch to the Test version to try it out if you like. We don't currently have a timeline for v3.3.8 release, but I'm keeping it as an ongoing bug fix version for stuff I find on the side while working on FGU that I'll probably push in late March to early April.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ahem... FG Con April 12... not too close if possible!

Blog Entries
    Will this address the issue of NPCs being reset to not visible between sessions?

My planned work around for that is to take a screenshot before ending the session and re-revealing at the start of the next time, which isn't all that elegant, especially if there are a lot of people on the map.

- John Diefenbaker

No, the NPC visibility is a separate issue, most likely ruleset specific.

I’ll forward to Dakadin via email to look at as well.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi JohnD,

The visibility issue has occurred since I took over the ruleset. I checked all the versions back to 1.2 which is when I took it over. I think I might have introduced the bug with the first version, 1.3.11, that I provide to Smiteworks. I will try to track down the issue to get it resolved. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Hi JohnD,

The fix for the NPC visibility is on the Test mode now and I think it will be pushed to Live on Tuesday.

Dakadin

Thread Information