DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 18 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Updated first post with changes. Thanks to Refur for most of the work. Updated things to work on list for future updates.

Thanks, brother. Appreciate the heavy lifting on this.

No problem. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll keep pumping out updates. Working on the CT at the moment.

Initiative adjustments on turn change and interrupt actions

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    No problem. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll keep pumping out updates. Working on the CT at the moment.
    Looks great!

I've attached a suggestion related to initiative:

manager_action_init.lua:
    Two functions are added:
    * adjustInitiative(charsheetid,val) - Called with a character sheed ID and a value (positive), reduces the initiative of the character down by val
    * updateInitiativeOnChange(nodeOldCT, nodeNewCT) - Is added to the combat manager using setCustomInitChange, so it is called each time the "Next Actor" button is pressed. This automatically reduces the init level by 10 each time the characters turn is finished.

record_char_more.xml: For the Dodge, Block, Parry and Full defense interrupt action buttons, there is a call to adjustInitiative to adjust the initiative down by 5 or 10 (depending on the action).

One more thing: While playing around with this, I noticed that the CT initiative is not persistent when saving/reloading. I added a new line to handleApplyInit() that added the initiative values to the Charsheet, and after that the init value persisted. I removed it in the attached zip file, as you are already looking into the CT.

Keep up the great work,

/R
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well the great thing about MoreCore is there is already a link to the CT for initiative. I may have axed it from the code, but from the ruleset it can be manipulated to add initiative and also make changes to it from it as well. Great job on the new code, but it can be done much simpler and easier from these links. Check the MoreCore tab code in MoreCore's main code and you will see what I mean.

Initiative - v2

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Well the great thing about MoreCore is there is already a link to the CT for initiative. I may have axed it from the code, but from the ruleset it can be manipulated to add initiative and also make changes to it from it as well. Great job on the new code, but it can be done much simpler and easier from these links. Check the MoreCore tab code in MoreCore's main code and you will see what I mean.
    I had a look at it, and you are absolutely right. Here is an updated example that also updates the initiative result in the character sheet when "Next Actor" is pressed. As far as I can see, this persists across sessions (unlike my previous suggestion).

Best,

/R
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello to all and a thank you for all of you working on this Shadowrun extension and a very big thank you to superteddy57.

Shadowrun is one of my favorite games and I'm no computer guru so I couldn't make an extension or do even a tenth of what and the others have helped to create. I've been dying for an extension for 5th edition to run a campaign for my buddies (ok...lets be real...for myself) for ages. This is fitting the bill and having my in gaming heaven. I've been a Shadowrun fan since 1st edition so a 5th edition extension for FG just made my year.

Please please...pretty please...keep the updates coming and making the extension even better !!

And once again...thank you all so much !!
    Last edited by GSKlein; August 10th, 2019 at 13:36.

My pleasure! I will keep this up as long as people play it. I should have some time today to work on initiative and maybe link my CT changes. I will keep you posted.

Thank you so much. Your work on this is greatly appreciated!

We had another session yesterday and people were very happy with the changes. Amazing work you guys are doing and massive updates in just two weeks.
    great job!

Thread Information