FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 18 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Looks like I might have skipped over adding that into the character sheet. Good find. I'll add that to the list with the duration field

This isn't critical...but if it isn't too much difficulty could you add a separate drop down for Creature Weaknesses? Can put them under Creature Powers but might be helpful to separate out the beneficial from the detrimental.

The new addition looks good couple of suggestions from my groups last play through

1. Move Qualities and Augmentations from the front page to notes since referencing both regularly is not required. Makes the
    front page less cluttered and free's up real-estate for other objects.

2. The Defense setup is good the additional boxes come out well Would it be possible to have a check box in-front of
    Armor so that you can choose which to roll along with Soak so if you own 2-3 pieces of armor you can check the boxes
    which Get rolled
    3. Stats mod box make it automatically add or subtract to the base stat helpful in many cases.
    4. Combat Tracker Button to auto roll Initiative for all and or npc combatants.
    Combat Tracker Button to subtract 10 from all initiative values at the end of each phase.
    Combat Tracker Add Npc attack into attack would it be possible to add a line in the npc sheet for combat skills that the tracker picks up?
    5. Effects. Because Shadowrun uses so many modifiers how would creating effects that modify rolls work ? @Refur Did some changes so
    Modifiers work but that is only a single round effect and need to be re added to the next roll effects can be made to last multiple rounds.

Again just wanted to say how much i appreciate the work you have done its really re-awakened my groups love of play SR online

Handling fire modes and recoil

Hi again,

I've been playing around with some things, and I wanted to get your thoughts on the attached screenshot.

I've added a string cycler that selects different fire modes for weapons:

melee for Melee attacks (standard)
    SS for single shot
    SA for semi-auto
    SB for semi-auto burst
    BF for burst fire
    LB for long burst (or simple action Full auto)
    FA for complex action full auto
    SF for Suppressive fire

Depending on the selected fire mode, the ammo consumption is tracked accordingly and the recoil is also tracked. The recoil penalty is applied directly. I also added a button to reset the recoil counter

PS: Just ignore the layout of the page, I was playing around with multiple things at once (including moving the qualities and augmentations over to the Notes page, as @Ramid mentioned earlier). If this is something you are interested in adding, I'll merge this into the latest release and share with you.

Best regards,

/R
    Attached Images Attached Images

The optimal solution would be to change the string selector dynamically based on which fire modes were available, I did have a go at that today using a database handler, but I had problems getting to the character sheet controls from the handler code (possibly because it is sheetdata and not fixed fields).

Moving augmentations and qualities to the Notes page

Hi again (again),

Just FYI, here is the proposal I had for moving qualities and augmentations to the Notes page. Whether they are best stored there or on the front page is a valid discussion, qualities are very related to the characters backstory. Bonuses, attacks, defense, etc. related to augmentations should be stored on the front (and in most cases, there are fields for that), but the actual augmentations themselves could IMO be stored with the characters background, languages and other notes.

This was just to free up some space for some of the more combat-oriented information on the front page. Weapons, especially, need a fair bit of space to show the information necessary to get a good overview of the different attacks.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think,

/R

Give me till thursday to implement some of these and get them working.

Quote Originally Posted by Refur View Post
    Hi again,

I've been playing around with some things, and I wanted to get your thoughts on the attached screenshot.

I've added a string cycler that selects different fire modes for weapons:

melee for Melee attacks (standard)
    SS for single shot
    SA for semi-auto
    SB for semi-auto burst
    BF for burst fire
    LB for long burst (or simple action Full auto)
    FA for complex action full auto
    SF for Suppressive fire

Depending on the selected fire mode, the ammo consumption is tracked accordingly and the recoil is also tracked. The recoil penalty is applied directly. I also added a button to reset the recoil counter

PS: Just ignore the layout of the page, I was playing around with multiple things at once (including moving the qualities and augmentations over to the Notes page, as @Ramid mentioned earlier). If this is something you are interested in adding, I'll merge this into the latest release and share with you.

Best regards,

/R
    That looks like its still using the old armor frame. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the code

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    That looks like its still using the old armor frame. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the code
    I just merged my changes into v0.9.3 (the part that is working, at least )

I added the burst count/recoil and fixed the melee weapon ammo bug. I have some code that interprets the SR5 weapon fire modes (SS/SA/BF/FA) into possible attack fire modes (single, semiauto, semiauto burst, etc.) and creates a string cycler label/value string (pipe delimited string), but I couldn't manage to get the DB handler to actually find the fields in the weapons table (I tried the addSource method you used for statistics updates, but it didn't seem to work when in a table). So that part is not in there, but I can share that as well if you are interested.

Regards,

/R
    Attached Files Attached Files

Character sheet tab renaming (for clarity)

We were discussing the naming of the PC character sheet tabs, and thought that since the content of the tabs is actually quite clearly defined (Skills on the MoreData tab, Magic on the Main tab and Matrix/Rigging on the Abilities tab), they could be made more clear by adding more descriptive tab names.

The relevant files are contained in the zipfile, the JPEG is a screenshot that shows the final result.

Regards,

/R

PS: I did not rename the tabs in the code itself, this is just a cosmetic, player-friendly tweak.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information