DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Try using other template. I have used it with CoC modules nad campaigns and results are very good instead of use a different game template.

Can anyone help point me to what I'm doing wrong here:
    The ruleset I'm modifying the print xsl file for groups NPCs into a larger category eg:
    npcgroups/0001
    npc1
    npc2
    npcgroups/0002
    npc1
    npc2

My problem is that when I call the template to print each npcgroup, it prints all the nps regrdless of which group they belong to. Can anyone point to what the following lines need to be?

Code:
     	<xsl:template match="//npcgroups/category">
            <div class="npcgroupsclass">
                <xsl:for-each select="./*">
                    <div class="npcgroupssubclass">
                    <a>
                        <xsl:attribute name="name">
                            <xsl:value-of select="name()" />
                        </xsl:attribute>
                    </a>                            
                    <h1><xsl:value-of select="./name" /></h1>
    				<div class="npctype"><xsl:value-of select="name" /><xsl:text> </xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="notes" /></div>

<xsl:if test="npcs/*"> 
    					<xsl:for-each select="/*"> 	
    					<xsl:apply-templates select="//npcs" />
    					</xsl:for-each>	
    				 </xsl:if>
                    <xsl:apply-templates select="text" />
    				 </div> 
                </xsl:for-each>	
    			 </div>    
        </xsl:template>
    I'm not specifying the npc sub category correctly here but can't figure out what it should be instead of "/*"
    Code:
    				<xsl:if test="npcs/*"> 
    					<xsl:for-each select="/*">

Blog Entries
    I think the problem is with <xsl:apply-templates select="//npcs" />

Try something like
    <xsl:apply-templates select="." />

Cheers, will give it a go.

..Thanks DD. I had named my template //npcs. Changed it to just npcs without the slashes.
    '//' is apparently a too powerful a wildcard and was calling all the instances in the file instead of just the specific context.
    Last edited by Thete; April 15th, 2019 at 11:52.

I bought Legacy of the Crystal Shard from Fantasy Grounds and after I did I find it hard for me to read it through on the computer. I followed all the steps given (I think) from the video above but all I get it a cover page. Have I missed a step where I load all the content in order to print it? Yes I am new and this is my first module.

Quote Originally Posted by Teybor View Post
    I bought Legacy of the Crystal Shard from Fantasy Grounds and after I did I find it hard for me to read it through on the computer. I followed all the steps given (I think) from the video above but all I get it a cover page. Have I missed a step where I load all the content in order to print it? Yes I am new and this is my first module.
    The process described in this thread is to print out a FG character sheet or a FG campaign - not a purchased FG module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's a great tool, I had great fun trying to learn to print campaigns for the WFRPv3 ruleset. Unfortunately I ran out of time so I'll just post my progress. The ruleset uses custom font characters to represent icons like custom dice results, so I created a ttf font to sit in the folder alongside the printed html file, this font has icons for the custom dice and some of the iconography from the game's Action Cards.

Here is the kind of result I could generate from just css and a ttf file.
    Capture2.JPGCapture.JPG

The very messy xml file and font if anyone was curious Print_wfrp.zip
    Last edited by Thete; July 11th, 2019 at 13:43.

Confussed

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The process described in this thread is to print out a FG character sheet or a FG campaign - not a purchased FG module.
    What's the difference? It's paid for so it isn't like I'm trying to steal anything.

I assume the license allows you to use a product in the form it was purchased, PDF as PDF, printed book as physical copy, FG module as FG Module. So converting it may be a licensing issue.

Wizards provides impressive free PDFs of resources for that module that you can download and print here https://dnd.wizards.com/products/tab...-crystal-shard

And the entire PDF is currently under half price on drivethru RPG https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...tal-Shard-Next

Quote Originally Posted by Teybor View Post
    What's the difference? It's paid for so it isn't like I'm trying to steal anything.
    There's a big difference - the FG character sheet or data from your FG campaign is something the GM and players have created for their game. As @Thete explains - there's a big difference between using a purchased module in FG (which is where it is licensed to be used) and then adding in additional functionality (allowing printouts) which is usually beyond the usage of the commercial FG module.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information