STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Utility: FG Print Tool (Print campaigns or character sheets)

I've made some updates to the FG Universal Character Print Tool to allow printing of a 5E campaign and to clean up a few items on the 5E character sheet.

Download Link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/727h3741n7...tTool.zip?dl=0

Video Walkthrough:
    https://youtu.be/fJBLruikePc

The included PrintCampaign5E.xsl sheet will print out the story, encounters, random encounters, images, NPCs, items and treasure parcels for a 5E campaign. This should be fairly easy to modify to support other rulesets.

The 5E character sheet has been modified to use a javascript script called textFit. This makes text shrink or grow to fill a specified width and height. It can be used with character sheets and other areas where the length of text is unknown but it must fit in a specific area.

The output from this can be used to publish to DMs Guild as long as you include the Fantasy Grounds mod file and mark it as a Fantasy Grounds product. You must have legal rights to distribute all the content included. This tool does not grant you rights to any content that you don't already own the copyright for.

If you modify and create alternate versions of the XSL sheets to support other game systems or you make any significant improvements, please consider sharing those back here and granting us permission to incorporate those into the default installation.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Download the zip file
    2. Unzip it to a folder on your computer
    3. Run FGPrintTool.exe

UPDATES
    2019-02-19 Table of Contents style story items work in the HTML to provide hyperlinks within the document (not shown in video)
    2019-02-22 Added ability to skip content by placing NPCs, items and stories into a new group called Ignore
    2022-11-30 New file browser

Other XSL sheets
    Thete's WFRP sheets.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...6&d=1562848757
    Last edited by ddavison; November 30th, 2022 at 15:13.

I've stickied this here, but if you want to put it somewhere else, Doug, Just move it along.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much. This means a great deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    The output from this can be used to publish to DMs Guild as long as you include the Fantasy Grounds mod file and mark it as a Fantasy Grounds product. You must have legal rights to distribute all the content included. This tool does not grant you rights to any content that you don't already own the copyright for.
    Does the print version have to be included in the same product as the FG version or can two separate DMsG product be done? i.e. one FG module and one PDF module.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Thank you so much. This means a great deal to me.

Does the print version have to be included in the same product as the FG version or can two separate DMsG product be done? i.e. one FG module and one PDF module.
    I believe they need to be paired together -- otherwise we don't get any portion of the proceeds. Normal DMsGuild is split 50/30/20 (author/OBS/Wotc) and items with FG modules that are properly flagged are split as 50/30/10/10 (author/OBS/Wotc/Smiteworks).
    Last edited by ddavison; February 22nd, 2019 at 20:02.

Blog Entries
    I believe they need to be paired together -- otherwise we don't get any portion of the proceeds. Normal DMsGuild is split 50/30/20 (author/OBS/Wotc) and items with FG modules that are properly flagged are split as 50/20/10/10 (author/OBS/Wotc/Smiteworks).
    Ah, I had forgotten about that! Certainly want you to get any proceeds as appropriate.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

...and items with FG modules that are properly flagged are split as 50/20/10/10 (author/OBS/Wotc/Smiteworks).
    Where does the other 10% go?!?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sorry, that was a typo. 50/30/10/10

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Always on the ball
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I have a question, (newb tinkering with the 5ed xsl to print WFRPv3 ruleset) so please forgive the ignorant phrasing of my question.
    <snip>
    I looked at the file a little longer, and I think I see how the PrintCampaign_5E.xsl answers my original question.
    Last edited by Thete; April 2nd, 2019 at 11:34. Reason: Question answered

any chance you could do this for Savage Worlds?
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Thread Information