DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Dear Damned

I am looking now attempting my first MoreCore extension for the Gumshoe game Casting the Runes. Would this be something you would be interested in working on? I can buy you a hardback and suspect Design Mechanism would be interested in a commercial release if you ever have time? I am writing a campaign for it to be published this year so am a bit busy. It is Design Mechanism not Pelgrane but uses the Gumshoe SRF

If you would like to make your Gumshoe work official and licensed I bet Cat would be very interested. Happy to put you in touch with a strong recommendation.

CJ x

Blog Entries
    Hi CJR

I really enjoy the premise behind the Gumshoe system.
    Someone is working on an Official Gumshoe conversion (but Im not aware of the details).
    I suggest you pull apart the Esoterrorists extension and update it for Casting the Runes.
    Unfortunately it doesnt really make sense for someone without a keen interest in the specific system to make a full commercial release of CtR as its current entire base is only 500 users/gms. Only a small fraction of those would become buyers of a commercial FG ruleset.

I have too many pet projects going on to even consider it right now - sorry.

Yeah I had no idea it was that small but yes absolutely: if you don't mind me messing with your code I will adapt it. Luckily the audience is big enough to commission my book

I worked out you can unzip files so have been looking at coding but guess I need to go watch some videos. I had no idea there was an official Gumshoe version on the way but look forward to that!

CJ x

Blog Entries
    I took that number from Kickstarter -

485 backers pledged CA$ 24,337 to help bring this project to life.

At this stage I cant see it available on any other outlet (yet) so thats where my 500 number came from.
    Providing you share it for free you are welcome to fork the Esoterrorists or Trail of Cthulhu extensions.

If you are not familiar with coding and coding FG extensions there is going to be a learning curve...

I'm OK at coding but Fantasy Grounds is a new challenge. Hopefully the former is rather more important though. Any useful resources?

Nor am I, but lua proved very easy to learn compared with say Arabic (I taught myself that in lockdown). Thanks for all the help and support, and I now have a working Casting the Runes version. Just need to make the Health and Stability boxes a bit bigger (currently only displaying one digit) and then install the fonts I want in morning. Anyway your videos and work on Gumshoe made coding unnecessary.

I will test it and then if anyone would like a copy and if you are agreeable as it is just your code repurposed happy to share it. And now feel more comfortable with lua happy to try and work on new projects or help others

Don't know if I.mentioned my wife works for Pelgrane Press - Becky, Cat's assistant. CtR is Design Mechanism though.
    Last edited by CJR; January 26th, 2021 at 02:25. Reason: Typos

Blog Entries
    hadha khabar eazim

That is great to hear. I am 100% happy for you to share it out - well done CJR.

Say hello to Becky. Im a big fan of the whole Gumshoe premise. It has a clearly defined mechanic that helps keep investigative adventures moving forward.

Second the motion. Looking forward to seeing your handiwork.

PS Pelgrane is doing some of the best work in gaming ... my compliments.

Thread Information