Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Hephaistos

Hephaistos

Hey guys; I assume most of you have heard of Hephaistos by now and if you haven't, what are you doing? Go check it out!

Anyway. Over the past few weeks you might have noticed a new option pop up on the website and in the release notes or you might have heard me mention it somewhere. Fantasy Grounds Unity is now one of the supported download options.
    Hephaistos has been working on the implementation with some guidance provided by me. I didn't make any post about it yet because I wanted to wait until I'm happy with the current state of things, which is now the case. When you want to take a look at this and try it out, please keep in mind that this is still a work in progress and that some vital things are missing still. We are working on fixing those and we also have plans moving forward, more on that later.

First I would like to mention the benefits you can enjoy when using Hephaistos as a FG user.
    1. (Almost) all of the official content that Paizo ever released for Starfinder is in the SRD and therefore available on the Hephaistos website for free
    2. Homebrew functionallity is partially there and being worked on
    3. It's a web based service, which will allow you to access your character even if your GM doesn't have the time to load up their FG campaign
    4. On a similar note; it can transition seemless between mobile and desktop so you can take a look at your character on the go
    5. Due to other download options (PDF & JSON) you can store your character in Hephaistos and get the most recent version of it at any time, whether you are playing on good old Pen & Paper, FG, or another service
    6. Should be super useful for Society players that don't want to limit themselves to FG

Now back to the feature list. I'll go over things we are currently missing and possible workarounds:
    • Race and Theme links are missing, this can cause issues when trying to open the link on the character sheet or leveling up to level 6, 12, 18 due to missing theme abilities
      Workaround:
      1. Add the links for your characters Race and Theme to the XML before importing to FG
      2. Don't use the links and manually add the new Theme features when you would get them
    • The weapon list in the Actions tab isn't getting populated
      Workaround:
      1. Move any weapons to a different inventory (PS recommended) and then back into the characters inventory
      2. Add the weapon list section to the XML by hand before importing to FG
    • Spell Actions are missing
      Workaround:
      1. Re-parse spell actions after import (radial menu) or make new ones manually
      2. Add the spell actions to the XML by hand before importing to FG

Additionally to getting those things fixed we are planing to add a couple more features in the future including but not limited to:
    • Handcrafted Spell Actions
    • Handcrafted Class Abilities Effects Coding
    • Handcrafted Feats Effects Coding
    • Handcrafted Item Effects Coding
    • NPC exports from Hephaistos

Feel free to use this thread for any feedback, questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc. that you might have.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

I became a Patreon backer for Hephaistos in 2021 and feel it has been money well spent. I was very happy to learn during the Fantasy Grounds Friday episode for Forge Developers that you are now helping with the development of Hephaistos. Good luck learning LUA and thanks for your great Starfinder Forge Mods!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

This is fantastic news!

I have been using Hephaistos for a while now and seen it grow from a basic character creation aid to what it is now. It just might be the best little known Starfinder tool out there so I'm very happy to see it now has support for FGU.

As for suggestions I do have a couple:
    1. the Homebrew editor is fantastic but needs to be expanded to ship components (inc. base frames) as well.
    2. a way to import characters into Hephaistos would help greatly and give players a jump start to using Hephaistos

Regardless, I'm very happy about this news and hope things just keep getting better!

Quote Originally Posted by GravityBlade View Post
    This is fantastic news!

I have been using Hephaistos for a while now and seen it grow from a basic character creation aid to what it is now. It just might be the best little known Starfinder tool out there so I'm very happy to see it now has support for FGU.

1. the Homebrew editor is fantastic but needs to be expanded to ship components (inc. base frames) as well.
    2. a way to import characters into Hephaistos would help greatly and give players a jump start to using Hephaistos

Regardless, I'm very happy about this news and hope things just keep getting better!
    Characters created using Hephaistos can now be imported into FGU. Look at the first message in this thread.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    I became a Patreon backer for Hephaistos in 2021 and feel it has been money well spent. I was very happy to learn during the Fantasy Grounds Friday episode for Forge Developers that you are now helping with the development of Hephaistos. Good luck learning LUA and thanks for your great Starfinder Forge Mods!
    Thank you so much for the kind words

1. Really feels like it's not connected to FG at all, at least not for now. I'd recommend going over to Reddit and make such feature requests over there, probably in the form of a reply to the most recent update post. Hephaistos will be more likely to see them!
    2. I'll have to see what we can do on importing to Hephaistos. Although, importing is not an option in any way on the website right now so please don't get your hopes up.
    My Forge Page
    Discord: @evolivolution
    Ultimate License (FGU)
    Timezone: Z+1

Quote Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
    Characters created using Hephaistos can now be imported into FGU. Look at the first message in this thread.
    You got that slightly reversed. I was suggesting a FGU to Hephaistos import function.

Thanks anyway.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord: GravityBlade
    Time Zone: US Central (GMT -6)
    Running: Traveller (MgT2)

You got that slightly reversed. I was suggesting a FGU to Hephaistos import function.

Thanks anyway.
    Sorry! Thanks for being understanding!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Playing -
    My Forge Creations

Copy of SF Paizo (1).png

Hephaistos Workshop

Discord Event Sign Up: (Do not click interested if you cannot make it, please)
    https://discord.gg/Jcu3tKp3?event=1026141147556483152

HONOLULU, United States, Hawaii
    1:00p Thu, Oct 6 2022
    2:30p Thu, Oct 6, 2022

PDT/PST, Pacific Daylight Time (US)
    4:00p Thu, Oct 6 2022
    5:30p Thu, Oct 6, 2022

DALLAS, United States, Texas
    6:00p Thu, Oct 6 2022
    7:30p Thu, Oct 6, 2022

NEW YORK, United States, New York
    7:00p Thu, Oct 6 2022
    8:30p Thu, Oct 6, 2022

UTC, Coordinated Universal Time
    11:00p Thu, Oct 6 2022
    12:30a Fri, Oct 7, 2022

LONDON, United Kingdom, England
    12:00a Fri, Oct 7, 2022
    1:30a Fri, Oct 7, 2022

BERLIN, Germany
    1:00a Fri, Oct 7, 2022
    2:30a Fri, Oct 7, 2022

Scheduled with www.worldtimebuddy.com

Discord Event Sign Up: (Do not click interested if you cannot make it, please)
    https://discord.gg/Jcu3tKp3?event=1026141147556483152

Come and hang out. We'll be going over Hephaistos as a tool for GMs and players and how to integrate it into your FG workflow.

FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information