DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Drag/Drop Character Creation

I was watching some tutorial videos about Fantasy Grounds and saw that for the 5e ruleset, you can drag/drop things like Races, Classes, etc onto the character sheet then select the sub-entries to have them automatically populate the different places on the character sheet. But for 13A, there's not even buttons for Races or Classes, let alone being able to drag them onto the character sheet. What's needed to make that work for 13A? I've created a number of class modules and am wondering if I could make them even more useful.

(btw, I don't know XML, but I'm keen on helping add improvements to this ruleset, am very tech-savvy, and am willing to learn, so if I can be of help in some way, let me know)
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Blog Entries
    The Drag and Drop features are a little XML and a lot Lua.
    Every ruleset has different levels of functionality and that is driven by several factors including (but not limited to) the age of a ruleset, the popularity of a ruleset, how consistent the game mechanics are, design choices by the dev etc.
    I believe that there is an opening for a new dev on this ruleset....

Good to know about the Lua coding - I see there are some online tutorial/resources on it, so I may have to do some reading up on it.

It sounds like what you're describing is that the functionality of a ruleset is really dependent on someone writing the code, which when allocating those dev hours is dependent on the demand for the code (aka game popularity, code complexity, etc), especially taking into consideration the demand for other rulesets and the dev time given to those. And I imagine that based on what features are being added, there may need to be additional discussion with the publisher (eg converting/adapting additional books).....which takes up even more hours. All that together, it kinda makes sense why there's not a lot going on with the 13A system here.

Not sure about what would be involved in being a dev or what that process would look like; is there a place I can go to find out more info?
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Some background on the 13th Age ruleset development starting page 6, and a couple of pages after, here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Reports/page6
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Far as I'm aware, 13th Age is layered over the 4E ruleset, as it used that as its basis. Not sure why, as I hadn't heard of FG back in the 4E days, but it doesn't appear to support classes and races in the same manner we're accustomed to in 5E, 3.5E or several others. Nor do I see enough posts from 4E players to have a clue how people end up handling it. But digging into the 4E ruleset, then CoreRPG below that, would be a starting point as I'm certain 13th Age is encrypted.

@Trenloe, thanks. I had read that thread before, but it was good to re-read it. Sounds like dulux-oz will be the ruleset dev until May and after that, who knows?

Regarding non-ruleset 13A resources (eg like Bestiary 2), what would be the process to get approval to make that? I found this thread, and I'm guessing that's the answer to my question...it'd be nice to have confirmation though.
    I primarily use FG for:
    13th Age
    Cypher (Numenera)

Quote Originally Posted by njohn858 View Post
    Regarding non-ruleset 13A resources (eg like Bestiary 2), what would be the process to get approval to make that? I found this thread, and I'm guessing that's the answer to my question...it'd be nice to have confirmation though.
    Yeah, reach out to Smiteworks and ask - as they have a commercial agreement for the base ruleset, I'd assume they have an agreement for other 13th Age products too. Just need someone to do the work to convert it to FG...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information