DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 19 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    The following functions seem to work and align the Golarian calendar with the ones I found online. I've attached the mod/ext I used for testing. This was the online calendar I compared against. https://dungeonetics.com/calendar/

Code:
    function calcGolarionLunarDay(nYear, nMonth, nDay)
    	local nZellerYear = nYear;
    	local nZellerMonth = nMonth;
    	if nMonth <  then
    		nZellerYear = nZellerYear - 1;
    		nZellerMonth = nZellerMonth + 12;
    	end
    	local nZellerDay = (nDay + math.floor(2.6*(nZellerMonth + 1)) + nZellerYear + math.floor(nZellerYear / 8) -1)  % 7;
    	if nZellerDay == 0 then
    		return 7;
    	end
    	return nZellerDay;
    end

function calcGolarionMonthVar(nYear, nMonth)
    	if nMonth == 2 then
    		local nYear = DB.getValue("calendar.current.year", 0);
    		if (nYear % 8) == 0 then
    			return 1;
    		end
    	end
    	return 0;
    end
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mattekure; November 24th, 2020 at 19:21.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Ok, I've pushed the changes in the CoreRPG ruleset; and the included calendar module. You'll have to reset the calendar; and add it back from the calendar module again.

Regards,
    JPG

I have a couple of questions.

I mostly have a calendar mod done. I managed to get 4 of the 5 calendars the way I want them.

I used the generator/converter that was linked a few pages back.

I am trying to create the Shire Calendar from the Lord of the Rings.

Every year always starts of Saturday, and ends on Friday.

There are 4 holidays, 1 Yule (the last day of the year), 2 Yule (the first day of the year), 1 Lithe (day before Midyear's Day), 2 Lithe (day after Midyear's Day).

There are up to two days in the middle of the year. The first is Midyear's Day, the second is called Overlithe and only occurs on Leap Years.

I have the calendar setup except for being able to setup Midyear's Day and Overlithe (for Leap Years) to not appear as actual days of the week.

So for example, 1 Lithe would be on Friday, and 2 Lithe would be on Saturday. Midyear's day would fall in between the two Lithe days, but is not is not assigned to a day of the week. Overlithe is the same for leap years.

Can this be done?

Another issue I am having is that it is not setting days properly. Months always start on the same day instead (Saturday) of progressing like expected, so for example 1 Yule is on a Saturday, Afteryule 1 is a Sunday (or should be). If I set it as Gregorian, it oddly skips a day between each the end of each period/month and the next, basically going from Saturday to Monday in the example of 1 Yule and Afteryule.

I'm not sure how to address this issue.

Is it possible to have Year cycles (like the chinese year cycle, year of the dragon, etc.) in a custom calendar?

Also is it possible to have the calendar not show the numbers for the days of the month and to show more than 2 letters for the weekdays?
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; February 18th, 2021 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    I have a couple of questions.

I mostly have a calendar mod done. I managed to get 4 of the 5 calendars the way I want them.

I used the generator/converter that was linked a few pages back.

I am trying to create the Shire Calendar from the Lord of the Rings.

Every year always starts of Saturday, and ends on Friday.

There are 4 holidays, 1 Yule (the last day of the year), 2 Yule (the first day of the year), 1 Lithe (day before Midyear's Day), 2 Lithe (day after Midyear's Day).

There are up to two days in the middle of the year. The first is Midyear's Day, the second is called Overlithe and only occurs on Leap Years.

I have the calendar setup except for being able to setup Midyear's Day and Overlithe (for Leap Years) to not appear as actual days of the week.

So for example, 1 Lithe would be on Friday, and 2 Lithe would be on Saturday. Midyear's day would fall in between the two Lithe days, but is not is not assigned to a day of the week. Overlithe is the same for leap years.

Can this be done?

Another issue I am having is that it is not setting days properly. Months always start on the same day instead (Saturday) of progressing like expected, so for example 1 Yule is on a Saturday, Afteryule 1 is a Sunday (or should be). If I set it as Gregorian, it oddly skips a day between each the end of each period/month and the next, basically going from Saturday to Monday in the example of 1 Yule and Afteryule.

I'm not sure how to address this issue.
    Have you checked out the Flanaess Calendar (World of Grayhawk)? That as a calendar with intercalary days etc. MIght be able to check out the .xml files and see how its done there.

Hey! Thanks for this! I just tweaked your example calendar into one for my world. Thank you for the excellent guide.
    "I'm banging the drum
    Your big day will come
    When they remake the Wizard of Oz."

Ultimate Game Master

Same result here devinlc.

Any help Mattekure?
    Last edited by PilgrimJavi; April 17th, 2021 at 00:31.

Blog Entries
    Welcome PilgrimJavi

If you are zipping up an extension - dont zip up the parent folder and make sure you just use vanilla zip compression, no fancy options and no rar/arj/7z etc.

Still new to Fantasy Grounds Unity. I try to figure out how make Harn RPG style calendar for it.

There are 12 months, 30 days each month and 10-day week (no weekday names). And no leap years. I'm looking to add religious holidays and other stuff to it. Have anyone made Harn calendar already or should I make my own - and how to make it.

Here is link to one outside page with more info (not mine page): https://harnmaster.obsidianportal.com/wikis/calendar

Thread Information