5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 19 of 20 First ... 917181920 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GM Ithril View Post
    Also, will that extension handle 'moons' whose period is greater than a year?
    Questions about the Moon Tracker extension should be asked in the thread for that extension. It has a different community developer. You can find the thread for a given extension by looking at the top left corner of the extension's page and then follow the link there for "Forum Thread". BMOS, the developer for the Moon Tracker extension should be able to answer this question for you

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank You very much for the clarification.
    Will the extension you linked handle 'moons' with a period greater than the number of day sin a year?
    I'm working on a fairly complex 'elven' calendar to coincide with my 'human' calendar. It's probably much more ambitious of a calendar system than someone with the little bit of experience I have should be attempting.

Quote Originally Posted by GM Ithril View Post
    Thank You very much for the clarification.
    Will the extension you linked handle 'moons' with a period greater than the number of day sin a year?
    I'm working on a fairly complex 'elven' calendar to coincide with my 'human' calendar. It's probably much more ambitious of a calendar system than someone with the little bit of experience I have should be attempting.
    No idea, try asking on the extensions thread.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Questions about the Moon Tracker extension should be asked in the thread for that extension.
    Whoop! Posted while I was typing. Thank you for that answer. I will seek further information there.

Am I doing something wrong? I've added the modules, unloaded the standard calendar, and loaded a modified calendar, but when I access the calendar, it shows a Gregorian calendar, with the New Years and Christmas as designated holidays; and the current date as Tuesday the 0th.

Nevermind...
    I didn't realize there's a command to reset the calendar that lets you pick the calendar to use.
    Last edited by GM Ithril; January 4th, 2024 at 00:53.

mattekure, is there any way you know of to code a simple calendar with a 1 week holiday at the beginning of every two months, that uses a 26hr day? Everything else about time is the same, except 26 hours per day.

for more context, the following is the setup.

8 months per year,
    45 days per month divided into 9 weeks of 5 days,
    with 26 hours per day, there is a lore reason for an extra hour each day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by ZelectheUnheard View Post
    mattekure, is there any way you know of to code a simple calendar with a 1 week holiday at the beginning of every two months, that uses a 26hr day? Everything else about time is the same, except 26 hours per day.

for more context, the following is the setup.

8 months per year,
    45 days per month divided into 9 weeks of 5 days,
    with 26 hours per day, there is a lore reason for an extra hour each day and night.
    The whole months/weeks/days part is straightforward. Its just a simple calendar and the tutorial covers exactly how to do that. Making it handle 26 hours per day would require an extension. Essentially you would have to overwrite the CalendarManager.adjustHours(n) function to use 26 instead of 24.

I think the extension would only need to consist of 2 files, the extension.xml and a single lua file with code something like this

Code:
    function onTabletopInit()
        CalendarManager.adjustHours = myAdjustHours;
    end

function myAdjustHours(n)
    	local nAdjHours = DB.getValue("calendar.current.hour", 0) + n;

local nDayAdj = 0;

if nAdjHours >= 26 then
    		nDayAdj = math.floor(nAdjHours / 26);
    		nAdjHours = nAdjHours % 26;
    	elseif nAdjHours < 0 then
    		nDayAdj = -math.floor(-nAdjHours / 26) - 1;
    		nAdjHours = nAdjHours % 26;
    	end

if nDayAdj ~= 0 then
    		CalendarManager.adjustDays(nDayAdj);
    	end

DB.setValue("calendar.current.hour", "number", nAdjHours);
    end
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I am trying to create the .mod and the .ext file. I have tried zipping the individual files, and I cant get it to work with my 7ip. might be user error though. was wondering if there was any good tutorial videos or whatnot on how to do it?

Blog Entries
    I am trying to create the .mod and the .ext file. I have tried zipping the individual files, and I cant get it to work with my 7ip. might be user error though. was wondering if there was any good tutorial videos or whatnot on how to do it?
    You're not zipping the containing folder right? And when using 7zip, you have to use .zip compression, not .7z compression. If you are still having trouble, try using native windows compression.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

To create a module from a folder first select the contents of the folder (this will be the xml files and any graphics folders). Once you have selected all of the contents right click and select send to and then on compressed file. This will create the .zip file. Rename the .zip to .mod to create the mod file. Other things to note is that the definition.xml file will contain the ruleset name. Make sure that this reads either Any or the specific ruleset that you are using. FG will not read a 7z file nor any other type of zipped file other than .zip; so just use the built in Windows zipper.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information