5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 15 of 20 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    So far my calendar is right where I want it for the most part as seen below:
    Capture 1.PNG

I am also trying to figure out how to change it so that the name of the months is on two lines instead of one as seen in this example:
    Capture 2.PNG

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I continue to chug along!

ChipDancer

For those of you wanting to correct where the days 11,13, & 23 have the wrong suffix all you have to do is add a few lines to the strings.common.xml file inside the corerpg.pak file (just rename it to .rar and extract to it's own folder). It's in the strings folder.

<!--*******************************-->
    <!-- Here sets the date suffix! -->
    <!--*******************************-->

<string name="numbersuffix0">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix1">st</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix2">nd</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix3">rd</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix4">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix5">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix6">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix7">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix8">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix9">th</string>
    <string name="numbersuffix11">th</string> <!-- Add this line -->
    <string name="numbersuffix13">th</string> <!-- Add this line -->
    <string name="numbersuffix23">rd</string> <!-- Add this line -->
    <string name="numbersuffix_default">th</string>

ChipDancer

I have to say, I am very proud of my calendar. It took a fair bit of muddling through, because I had no idea how to use Notepad++ at first... but now I've dun a thing and I'm very pleased. Thanks for this tutorial, could not have done it without.

Would you, or anyone, happen to know how the calendars in FGU actually work? Before I introduce my calendar to my PCs, I'd like to know what features it has;

- Does it have any functionality with regards to long rests?
    - Can I make the calendar bigger??
    - What does the era section mean? Is that just a name?
    - Does the clock timer do anything, or is it just a signal to PCs?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    I have to say, I am very proud of my calendar. It took a fair bit of muddling through, because I had no idea how to use Notepad++ at first... but now I've dun a thing and I'm very pleased. Thanks for this tutorial, could not have done it without.

Would you, or anyone, happen to know how the calendars in FGU actually work? Before I introduce my calendar to my PCs, I'd like to know what features it has;

No, but there is the Clock Adjuster extension which integrates functionality like advancing time on a rest. https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/574/view
    Possible with an extension. You would have to dig into the CoreRPG files that define the layout of the calendar. Probably not trivial.
    Its just a name. you can have it represent whatever you want, like BC, AD, etc.
    I'm not sure what you mean by the clock timer. There are time fields, but they dont do anything unless you have the Clock Adjuster extension.
    Thanks
    I think that covers all your questions
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Thanks
    I created my campaign's calendar to add a bit or realism to the overall game. The dates, holidays, season, etc.. are all part of that overall atmospheric effect. The fact that both players and the GM can leave notes on specific days makes it an interesting tool and when you tie in the moon(s) phase functionality you gain further depth!

(^_^)

ChipDancer

@mattekure - thank you so much for the response!

The fact that both players and the GM can leave notes on specific days makes it an interesting tool and when you tie in the moon(s) phase functionality you gain further depth!
    I did notice that there was a section for GM and PLAYERS, but had hoped it was somewhere I could enter events that I could see and ones only my PCs could see - is that not the case?

Make a story, then in the calendar say See Story #X

@mattekure - thank you so much for the response!

I did notice that there was a section for GM and PLAYERS, but had hoped it was somewhere I could enter events that I could see and ones only my PCs could see - is that not the case?
    You can make entries that are visible to GM only, or Visible to Players. But by default, players cannot add entries. I believe there are extensions that make it possible. As Nylanfs mentioned, you can link story entries or notes for more details but it requires the DM to set up the link.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Ah, that's preferred.

Brill, will give this a play around for my next session then. Thanks!

If you are looking for an extension that allows players to enter details, try out Player Agency, it adds the Calendar piece, and a couple of other items.

Thread Information