Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 19 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    Follow-up from that thread for this one: Resetting the calendar was helpful and seems to have resolved the glitch.

Mattekure,

Been a while since I've messed with my calendar, but after creating a new campaign to baseline issues I noticed something small bothering the heck out of me and can't figure out which *lua file to edit the line in the following highlighted portion of this pic:

Capture.PNG

It is not part of the manager.calendar.lua and I have no clue where it might be! LOL!

I'd also love to know how to edit the frames so that the names populate without truncation as in this high lighted example from the calendar:

Capture2.PNG

Also, any ideas for displaying holidays in the 'Output Date to Chat' function?

So if anyone has any ideas please let me know where to find these assets at and thanks in advance!

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    Mattekure,

Been a while since I've messed with my calendar, but after creating a new campaign to baseline issues I noticed something small bothering the heck out of me and can't figure out which *lua file to edit the line in the following highlighted portion of this pic:

Capture.PNG

It is not part of the manager.calendar.lua and I have no clue where it might be! LOL!

I'd also love to know how to edit the frames so that the names populate without truncation as in this high lighted example from the calendar:

Capture2.PNG

Also, any ideas for displaying holidays in the 'Output Date to Chat' function?

So if anyone has any ideas please let me know where to find these assets at and thanks in advance!

ChipDancer
    The line "The date is" is not defined in one of the lua files. It is defined in the CoreRPG\strings\strings_common.xml. This value is concatenated to whatever the getCurrentDateString() function returns and output to chat.

Code:
    	<string name="message_calendartime">The time is</string>
    	<string name="message_calendardate">The date is</string>
    The Era field width is defined as part of the windowclass "calendar_main" which is defined in the CoreRPG\utility\utility_calendar.xml file.

Code:
    			<basicstring name="currentepoch" source="current.epoch">
    				<anchored to="currentyear" position="righthigh" offset="10,0" width="30" height="20" />
    				<font>calendarbold</font>
    				<center />
    			</basicstring>
    			<label_fieldtop>
    				<anchored to="currentepoch" />
    				<static textres="calendar_label_epoch" />
    			</label_fieldtop>
    Adding holidays to the output date to chat should be fairly straightforward. You can write your own output function and register it with your calendar type in onInit using aDateDisplay["calendartype"] = myDisplayFunc;

you can see examples of this in the manager_calander.lua onInit() function. Then when the outputDate() function is called, it calls getDateString with the specific date and passes all the info like year, month, etc into it. If there is a custom display function defined then it will pass that data on to it and return whatever it returns. Within your custom function, you can use isHoliday(nMonth, nDay) and getHolidayName(nMonth, nDay) to get any holiday that might be on that day to return it.
    Last edited by mattekure; August 18th, 2021 at 15:01.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Mattekure,

I did not expect anyone to actually know what I was talking about in so much detail; ARIGATO!

(^_^)

With your help I was successful in making the alterations to my game's calendar!

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

My next goal, besides figuring out how to add holidays to the chat message, is to figure out how to insert a carriage return to split the name of my months into two lines as the current length of the whole name is simply overrunning the space of the month frame as in this example:

Capture5.PNG

Any help from the community would be extremely grateful and I hope by the time I'm done all this information will be able to be posted in a single post so that others who are desiring a custom calendar will have something to follow!

Thanks in advance,

(^_^)

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by chipdancer View Post
    mattekure,

i did not expect anyone to actually know what i was talking about in so much detail; arigato!

(^_^)
    どういたしまして
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

私の日本は笑を吸う!

(^_^)

Is there a way to export user and GM entries from a calendar in FGU? If so, is there a way to import those entries on the same date to an updated version of the original calendar.

Hurray, I solved it. The original entries were preserved when I switched the calendars in a test campaign. And, then successful when I <right click on calendar> and RESET the calendars by bringing in the NEW version of the original calendar. The new version had the same months and days in the month. I had just renamed two of the days of the week and edited the names of the holidays.
    Last edited by cwright45; October 1st, 2021 at 16:15.

Hello! I made a topic about this issue on the forum but I was recommended to post it here as well. When I'm outputting the date in my calendar, Fantasy Grounds is adding the wrong suffix to certain days of the month. Specifically, it is changing the 11th, 12th, and 13th to the 11st, 12nd, and 13rd respectively. What is causing this and is there any solution to fix it? I have attached a screenshot illustrating the error.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeTheFalcon View Post
    Hello! I made a topic about this issue on the forum but I was recommended to post it here as well. When I'm outputting the date in my calendar, Fantasy Grounds is adding the wrong suffix to certain days of the month. Specifically, it is changing the 11th, 12th, and 13th to the 11st, 12nd, and 13rd respectively. What is causing this and is there any solution to fix it? I have attached a screenshot illustrating the error.
    I'm not seeing anything in that screenshot like what you describe. Are you seeing it in the chat output? The chat output for a date is typically formatted in the CalendarManager.getDateString() function. It gets the last digit of the day number, and then references one of the 10 strings "message_calendarsuffix" 0-9. This returns the suffix "th", "st", "nd", or "rd".

So if you are getting something other than that behavior, you must have changed either the display function or strings.

Can you give any more detail on how you have your calendar set up. Do you have any custom calendar extension in use?

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I'm not seeing anything in that screenshot like what you describe. Are you seeing it in the chat output?
    So if you look at the screenshot, specifically in the "Date" category, it lists the date as "Arnesmer, 13rd Mared" instead of "Arnesmer, 13th Mared," with 13rd being the weird issue in this example.

I'm also using a custom calendar extension, which I have included in the attached zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information