FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 19 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Qaos View Post
    So I downloaded my calendar into FGU. However, I noticed that all the months start on the first day (Mon). They don't continue through the week from the previous month. Can anyone help me figure out why that is?

EG: Jan has 29 days and the 29th is on Wed. Feb 1 starts on Mon (1st day of the week) instead of Thur (the next day after Jan 29th)
    Do you still have the "broken" version of this calendar? This behavior is what I need to implement mine. I have two 1 day special events that are not actual weekdays.

Solved. Exploited leaving an empty periodvarcalc string in the definition file. Not a perfect rendering, but it produces the right number of days and keeps the weeks aligned with the start of the month and doesn't require any additional code to work.

Is this still relevant for unity? I'm having trouble finding the path I need to dump my xml files into (I'm working off windows and there seem to be dirs for fgu all over).

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrost View Post
    Is this still relevant for unity? I'm having trouble finding the path I need to dump my xml files into (I'm working off windows and there seem to be dirs for fgu all over).
    Yes, nothing related to creating custom calendars has changed between Classic and Unity. The easy way to get to the right path for Unity files is to use the folder icon on the launcher to open the FG data folder. Then Extensions go into the extensions folder, and modules go into the modules folder.

For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Also, remember that the xml files will become part of the calendar module, which needs to be zipped up and the file extension renamed to .mod. That will be copied to the modules directory. Calendar Extensions (not always needed, but sometimes) would be copied into the extensions folder so it can be loaded. Most fantasy calendars would only ever need the generic lunar day handler extension included in the first post.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

I'm hoping you can help me with a calendar related question. I'm using the default Golarion calendar that comes with Fantasy Grounds for my PFRPG2 game. The current year on the Golarion calendar is 4720 but mirrors 2020 of the Gregorian calendar. However the 1st day of the year 4720 is an Oathday (Thursday) but should be Wealday (Wednesday). So the whole year is one day off for me. I know that the Golarion and Gregorian calendars are the same except for names of the week and holidays. in the following thread here Moon Wizard was able to provide me with an answer, but I'm afraid I don't understand it or how to proceed. After reviewing the info you provided I think I need to do something with your Generic Lunar Day Handler but am a bit lost. With 4720 (2020) being a leap year cause problems too? Any light you can shed on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreger Bjorn View Post
    I'm hoping you can help me with a calendar related question. I'm using the default Golarion calendar that comes with Fantasy Grounds for my PFRPG2 game. The current year on the Golarion calendar is 4720 but mirrors 2020 of the Gregorian calendar. However the 1st day of the year 4720 is an Oathday (Thursday) but should be Wealday (Wednesday). So the whole year is one day off for me. I know that the Golarion and Gregorian calendars are the same except for names of the week and holidays. in the following thread here Moon Wizard was able to provide me with an answer, but I'm afraid I don't understand it or how to proceed. After reviewing the info you provided I think I need to do something with your Generic Lunar Day Handler but am a bit lost. With 4720 (2020) being a leap year cause problems too? Any light you can shed on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    The main issue as I see it is that while on the surface, the Golarion and the Gregorian calendar seem to align, there is one big difference. Leap years. The gregorian calendar has a very complicated system of leap years, every 4 years except when its divisible by 100 unless if its divisible by 400. This means that my generic lunar day handler wont work because the system does have leap years.

The Golarian calendar has leap years only every 8 years. So the calculations for the days and weeks really need a modified version of the gregorian calendar system that takes the 8 year cycle into account rather than the gregorian leap year system.

I'll take a look to see what changes need to be made. It doesnt sound particularly difficult.

@mattekure,

If you come up with the lunarmonth and lunarday calc functions, and you don't mind me incorporating into CoreRPG; I can add them into the base code. I just in the middle of fixes and trying to put together a release; so didn't have time to work out all the details specific to Golarion.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @mattekure,

If you come up with the lunarmonth and lunarday calc functions, and you don't mind me incorporating into CoreRPG; I can add them into the base code. I just in the middle of fixes and trying to put together a release; so didn't have time to work out all the details specific to Golarion.

Regards,
    JPG
    no problem. I'll post the functions here once done. If you are touching the calendar code in CoreRPG, you might also consider adding the generic lunar day handler function which will do the days of the week rollover for any normal calendar that doesnt have leap years.

Thank you both for all the help!

Thread Information