5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 31 First 123412 ... Last
    I'm building this as well for personal use - do you have a ballpark on when it will be out? Were you able to solve the player map issues with the Tunnels of Terror? I bought the PSD maps but these were not available for that level so had to use Photoshop to fix the issues. I have the majority of the Wilderness done and now starting on the dungeon proper. I told my players I won't be done with it by the time we start it but it'll be enough to get them started.
    Jim Hale
    Ultimate License - D&D5E (AL)
    DDAL-DCI: 4317029791
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by JHale1966 View Post
    I'm building this as well for personal use - do you have a ballpark on when it will be out? Were you able to solve the player map issues with the Tunnels of Terror? I bought the PSD maps but these were not available for that level so had to use Photoshop to fix the issues. I have the majority of the Wilderness done and now starting on the dungeon proper. I told my players I won't be done with it by the time we start it but it'll be enough to get them started.
    Don't have it finished yet. Had a bit of a sabbatical. I don't remember if I did the tunnels of terror maps yet, have to look at it.

We should talk, definitely.

Good deal - just holler at me. I still have a bunch left to do but started working on Level 15 since it was a short one.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I would like to get in on the Rappan train to hell. I am a Pathfinder 2E guy and might tackle converting the many rooms and encounters to that system.

I've got all the text imported and categorized, as well as the maps gridded and pinned. I just need to format the stories and setup the encounters.
    RA-10C.jpg
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

I'm so jealous of you folks that have done this work. I'd love to run this on FG but going through this book, it's an incredible amount of work which I don't think I'd have the time for (especially that some of the maps aren't accurate). Congrats to you JHale!!

Jim, what did you use for the creatures and NPC's? There's this neat little piece of software called "Engineer Suite" for FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Engineer-Suite) that works pretty well.

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks, but I'm gonna tackle it again this weekend. I'll work on the map issue and maybe we can trade some work.

Yeh - I wish I had better maps for the Tunnels of Terror but the ones I fixed will work. This is definitely a labor of love - I've been wanting to run this since it came out for Pathfinder (while I was playing PF) and not that there's a 5E edition it was a no-brainer. A lot of people that I play with are wanting to move away from AL and I thought this would be the perfect reason to. This will also open the doorway for me to do the G123D12Q1 conversions from 1E. I know there's a Giants set for 5E and 1E - but I want to do my own using conversion manuals I found.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Quote Originally Posted by doseyclwn View Post
    Jim, what did you use for the creatures and NPC's? There's this neat little piece of software called "Engineer Suite" for FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Engineer-Suite) that works pretty well.

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks, but I'm gonna tackle it again this weekend. I'll work on the map issue and maybe we can trade some work.
    Sounds good. and I do use Engineer Suite for the monsters (and the spells too). I extracted the Bestiary into a separate file and going thru one-by-one to get them converted but it's not 100%. Some of the monsters won't import/convert correctly so I'll do a 1st pass of the 'straight' ones and then go back and import the ones I need to fix. I'm sticking them all into a Rappan Athuk Module for import into the table.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Currently the folder size is 162M. Some of the maps I had to leave big because of the grid scale (Cave of the Kraken, etc).

Also - we're closing on our house next week so I'll be outta pocket for a bit. I get a finished Half-Basement as my Studio/Work area so I'm REALLY looking forward to that. We've had out stuff in storage for almost a year now since we've moved so I'll have access to all my gaming materials again.
    Jim Hale
    Game Signups (Calendar)

Thread Information