DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 31 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Is there TLR of why Rappan Athuk is a thing?
    Its super challenging. If you are a novice player or someone who gets attached to characters it's probably not for you. I played it for 3rd ed (irl) and lost many low level characters. Its great for groups that aren't into social interaction. Though there is lots of room for that too with the right group, particularly grezznik. There are epic combats, traps, and the dungeons themselves house some very fun unique encounters.

My current group is playing it in roll20, my DM is converting it for that. Its amazing so far even if different. The immediate setting seems more sand-boxy than what i remember from 3e.

Anyhow, can't wait to see it in FGU!

Dax - have you checked out the Rapan channel on FGGs Discord server? They have a bunch of the maps converted to a much better quality and best of all no grid or with grid your choice...

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar View Post
    Dax - have you checked out the Rapan channel on FGGs Discord server? They have a bunch of the maps converted to a much better quality and best of all no grid or with grid your choice...
    What?!?!?!

@valdemar. Thanks for that Valdemar. I have been on the FGG Discord server although I didn't see those maps. I'll have to dig further and check the pinned messages etc.

I have the 5e Bestiary for Rappan Athuk done in module format as well as I have started doing levels as individual stand alone modules as long as you have the RA bestiary installed. So they are plug and play as needed.

So far I have got:

- Zelkors Ferry and environments done.
    - Castle Calaelen done
    - Mouth of Doom done
    - The Demons Gullet done
    - Fountain of Pestlence done
    - Telepoetal Maze done
    - Tunnels of Terror (level 1 done)
    - Graveyard done
    - Lair of the Dung Monster done

I'm actually done all the way to Level 8, tested it today by exporting it to Module and what I have so far is close to 500mb. I have all the NPC's, Items done and just getting thru the rest of the book. I keep my sanity by working on inputting my 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms into Fantasy Grounds. Custom Mods.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse0317 View Post
    I'm actually done all the way to Level 8, tested it today by exporting it to Module and what I have so far is close to 500mb. I have all the NPC's, Items done and just getting thru the rest of the book. I keep my sanity by working on inputting my 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms into Fantasy Grounds. Custom Mods.png
    Yikes how long does that take to load?!

Might want to break that up into a module for each level.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Yikes how long does that take to load?!

Might want to break that up into a module for each level.
    In hindsight that's a great idea, but it actually doesn't take that long to load.

I'm totally jealous that you've done this. I've been putting this off but really dying to run this but the work looks to be crazy...

It is a big endeavor. Being compulsive, I took it in sections, did the Magic Items first, then the NPC's that was a weekend endeavor.... Some of the maps I recreated in Dungeondraft, such as The Cloister of the FG ones.
    Let me tell you the amount of traps....after the first few I made a trap template. I think what actually takes the longest is putting line of sight on the player maps.

At the rate I'm going I should be finished by Christmas 2021 or sooner depending on my work schedule.

Thread Information