FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 31 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    @Jesse0317, it would be incredible if you can get this into Fantasy Grounds. I've been waiting on this forever. It's definitely something I want to run and FG is the only way I can with my group at this point.
    @Myradin Potter, inputting the Tome of Horrors etc. couldn't have/can't be easy. FGG doesn't seem to use the normal standards for monster stat blocks that WotC uses so I'm sure all the parsers (Engineer Suite and Fantasy Module Parser) won't work with it.

I don't envy either of your jobs but do greatly appreciate it! I've been a fan of Necromancer Games since 3E and now Frog God!

I would pay full book price just for the maps with los.

Hello All,

Just a little progress update.

Currently working on the Level's 9B and 9C.
    RA Progress 1.pngRA Progress 2.pngRA Progress 3.png

Jesse0317,
    I want to thank you for this and encourage you to keep going and complete this massive undertaking.
    I have been running RA for a few years now, in a very large group of 6-8 players. They have grown to love RA and its environs, and have made it their own fantasy setting through their interactions with its inhabitants.
    Putting RA into FG will make prep so much easier, encounters so much simpler to run, and our sessions so much more enjoyable. Simply put, it will make it easier for good friends to come together.
    On behalf of all of us in out party.. thank you so much. l am so looking forward to being able to access this resource...
    keep up the fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I think it might kill whoever tried to enter that massive amount of information.
    Unless you are Sterno. LOL

I do want to echo jake8675309's sentiments that efforts will be GREATLY appreciated if we can get a FG version of this. I've been wanting to run this but definitely have put it to the side because of the size and magnitude of the undertaking. Good luck with this and hopefully we'll get to see the fruits of your labor!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    @Jesse0317, it would be incredible if you can get this into Fantasy Grounds. I've been waiting on this forever. It's definitely something I want to run and FG is the only way I can with my group at this point.
    @Myradin Potter, inputting the Tome of Horrors etc. couldn't have/can't be easy. FGG doesn't seem to use the normal standards for monster stat blocks that WotC uses so I'm sure all the parsers (Engineer Suite and Fantasy Module Parser) won't work with it.

I don't envy either of your jobs but do greatly appreciate it! I've been a fan of Necromancer Games since 3E and now Frog God!
    I input all the monsters via cut and paste as they are just different enoughthat the parsers do not reliably work. I have given FGG a lot of grief over the years about that. There is no good reason for them to have chosen a slightly off format. I have started in on Tome of Horrors 2020 now (and am working on 4 more modules as well).

The good news is that I fixed errors in the stats blocks just like I fixed errors in the modules I converted. :-)
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    I input all the monsters via cut and paste as they are just different enoughthat the parsers do not reliably work. I have given FGG a lot of grief over the years about that. There is no good reason for them to have chosen a slightly off format. I have started in on Tome of Horrors 2020 now (and am working on 4 more modules as well).

The good news is that I fixed errors in the stats blocks just like I fixed errors in the modules I converted. :-)
    I have the hardcover FGG 5E monster books (along with the PDF). It is frustrating that FGG does not use the 'standardized' format. Whenever I try to input them into Fantasy Grounds, it's pretty much easier to do it one at a time because of it. That's another part of the reluctance to do RA for me. Out of curiosity, has Bill, Zach and company finally seen the light on this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    I have the hardcover FGG 5E monster books (along with the PDF). It is frustrating that FGG does not use the 'standardized' format. Whenever I try to input them into Fantasy Grounds, it's pretty much easier to do it one at a time because of it. That's another part of the reluctance to do RA for me. Out of curiosity, has Bill, Zach and company finally seen the light on this?
    The short answer is “no”.

This dumb guy complains but then gets the conversion done anyways.

The longer answer is that they have additional and new layout resources over the past few years and maybe if they were nudged again it would help.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; September 24th, 2021 at 16:00.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Just a quick update for you guys on the progress. I have a training class starting in November so I'm trying to get as much done before then.

Just finished Level 10C: The Talon of Orcus. This was one was actually fun to do unlike...I'm looking at you Bloodways...
    RP Current Progress.png
    The Talon of Orcus.png

Thread Information