DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Fantasy Grounds: Metamorphosis Alpha

I am scoping out the amount of work it would take to port James M. Ward's 32-page 1976 RPG, Metamorphosis Alpha to Fantasy Grounds.

Would this be big job?

Thanks,

Craig J. Brain

Not being overly familiar with the RPG, it is hard to say. The number of pages is a clue, but not always definitive ;o)

BTW, a very warm welcome to these forums - please let us us know if we can help at all.

Stuart

Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome

Metamorphosis Alpha 1st edition (MA1e) has a level of complexity nearly on a par with Basic D&D.

Metamorphosis Alpha 1st Edition looks like it might be a slightly tricky conversion to FGII. It doesn't have classes as such. You can be either a mutant or a human (unless you play a robot, using the rules from Dragon Magazine). Mutants and Humans have their own character sheets (Human & Mutant sheets).

Is there a way FGII can handle two or more types of character sheets for different "classes"?

How would FGII handle the effects of mutations in MA1e? I imagine that it would be a lot like spells.

Thanks!

Craig J. Brain

Freelancers?

I imagine that this isn't that hard a task for somebody familiar with this system. If there is somewhere here I can post a "Help Wanted - Will Pay" notice?

Thanks very much,

Craig J. Brain

You might want to take a look at the Labyrinth Lord ruleset: it adapts the character sheet to reflect the class (LL is a BECM D&D look-alike). Similarly (but a bit more complex) the WoD ruleset uses different character sheets for vampires, werewolves etc.

These rulesets (which are free) can be found on the FG Wiki, here.

Stuart

Freelancers?

Thanks Stuart!

I just checked that out I am very familiar with LL and am a fan. The LL rules are a lot more detailed that in MA1e, so I live in hope

I would be keen to make a MA1e ruleset, and market it here, as C&C has done. Unfortunately, I am no programmer (I can do a little, but not well enough for a project like this!) I think I need to find some professional help to get the rules and the look of the tabletop right. I am open to suggestions on this.

Your response sounds like it could handle more than 1 type of character sheet. That's great!

Thanks,

Craig J. Brain

Te advantage of Fantasy Grounds II over all other VTT platforms that I've seen is that you can honestly make it do almost anything because its built around the LUA scripting Engine. Instead of being 'Is this possible?' it becomes, 'What is the level of effort to do this?'

As to marketing the system, PM ddavison and he can help with that aspect. Although if you don't have the rights to the system, that permission has to be secured first.

Jim Ward owns the rights. Jim Ward and I are working together on Metamorphosis Alpha, so rights are not a problem.

I have PM'd ddavidson, and will keep my fingers crossed

Thanks!

Craig J. Brain

For some reason Metamorphisis Alpha rings a bell, but I'm pretty sure I never played it. Went and looked it up on wiki and remembered. A friend of mine when I was a kid mentioned that he had heard of a sci game on a spaceship, but couldn't recall the name :b

We ended up playing Star Frontiers instead (cause I found that one), but I might have to snag this and take a peek now.
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

Thread Information