DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Utility: Background Theme Maker for FG (All Rulesets)

Did you ever want to replace the background image in Fantasy Grounds? The Background Theme Maker allows you to create a background theme with only a few mouse-clicks. Simple and quick to use. No XML editing or coding. Run the program, select your background image, answer a few simple questions, and the Background Theme Maker will create a .EXT file for your theme.

Your background theme is compatible with all rulesets. When using your created theme with other themes, only the background image will be replaced, no other theme changes are done.

Screenshot: Screenshot-Background-Theme-Maker-for-FG.jpg

Here's the instructions

Step 1: Select the background image you wish to use (recommended size is 1920x1080, images are not resized )
    Step 2: Select the location and enter the filename of your extension. ie: MyBackground.ext
    Step 3: Enter the name of your background theme that will be displayed when loading extensions. ie: My Dragon Theme
    Step 4: Enter the theme authors name
    Step 5: Enter a brief description of your theme
    Step 6. Click Generate Background Theme

Install your .ext file into your Fantasy Grounds extension folder and your background theme is ready to use.

This is a Windows application and I have only tested it on Windows 10.

Release Notes
    v1.0.0.15 Bugfix for Fantasy Grounds Unity and added automatic updates
    v1.0.0.12 Initial Release

Download

Click here to download.
    Last edited by Wintermute; June 14th, 2021 at 20:26. Reason: Fixed links

Very nice little program you have made and thanks for the tutorial

Jolly good show.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Nicely done. I saw this on YouTube and shared it out to our social media team recently.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, glad you liked it. As my players will attest, I really like swapping out background images. I was using a linux script that I wrote to make theme creation easier, but it still required some effort. The next logical step was converting that script to a windows app and sharing it with the community. Hope everyone gets some use out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Thanks, glad you liked it. As my players will attest, I really like swapping out background images. I was using a linux script that I wrote to make theme creation easier, but it still required some effort. The next logical step was converting that script to a windows app and sharing it with the community. Hope everyone gets some use out of it.
    This is a good addition for anyone who likes to tinker about with moods. Thank you Wintermute. ( I have been hand-writing extensions for backgrounds and icons for our campaigns, this takes one step out of it at the least).
    -Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Thanks for sharing this information guide/

Nice. A quick change of moods. Thanks.

@Wintermute Thank you for this extension! I'll be putting it to use this weekend.

Onequestion about step #1 however. Is the recommended size based on an assumed monitor resolution? If so, would it be better for me to match my image resolution to my monitor resolution?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
    @Wintermute Thank you for this extension! I'll be putting it to use this weekend.

Onequestion about step #1 however. Is the recommended size based on an assumed monitor resolution? If so, would it be better for me to match my image resolution to my monitor resolution?
    Its going to create a desktop image with a single slice - that being the size of the image.
    if your screen is smaller than the image it will show as much of the image as it can from the top left hand corner.
    It is limited to a maximum of 2048x2048px
    If your screen is bigger than the image used the image will tile - not stretch - it will tile.

Additionally this will apply equally to your players.
    So what works perfectly for you may look good/ok/terrible for your players.

Thread Information