DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Extension to fit maps to window

Is there an extension (maybe similar to the map resize for face to face), that could automatically determine if a map is larger than the player's UI and resize it down to fit? I'm using higher resolution maps in my game, and I run on a 3440 x 1440 screen. However, many of my players have 1920 x 1080 screens. I can explain to them how to resize the map, but I'm wondering if there's a mod that will just take care of this.

This can’t be done in an extension as there isn’t an API call that can return the FG window size.

Note: the recommended maximum resolution for FG images and maps is 2048x2048 pixels. Displaying images in FG can take up a lot of FG's finite 32-bit memory (capping out at 3.7GB, no matter how much memory your computer has). The larger the map, the more memory used. Hence the recommendation of keeping maps maps within 2048x2048 pixels (or the equivalent number of pixels) wherever possible, and being aware of this and FGs memory use.
    Last edited by Trenloe; January 28th, 2019 at 00:06.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    if your players are finding this too difficult the you could when you open a map on your screen first size it to something less than 1920x1080 and then share it.
    You can then adjust to a size that suits you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    if your players are finding this too difficult the you could when you open a map on your screen first size it to something less than 1920x1080 and then share it.
    You can then adjust to a size that suits you.
    This is what I always do prior to sharing. Right mouse, resize, small (or something like that.) That way everyone can size it the way they want.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information