STAR TREK 2d20

Creating a story template that pulls from only one table

Hello I'm trying to create a story template that pulls from only a single multi-column table, since the information is linked. For example, lets say I'm using the "Alchemical Events" from Ultimate Campaign.
    I have a Discovory, I want the story template to show the following:

Event: Discovory
    Description: The introduction of a new material makes your alchemical recipes more potent, leading to booming sales. For 1d6 days, the business gains a +10 bonus on its first check to generate capital each day.
    Duration: 1d6 (the result of the roll) days
    Bonus: +10 to first check

Because these are linked, I cannot reroll the table, not can i create a table that has different kinds of bonuses, and duration.

Is this possible, if so how, if not... Is there any clever work around or interesting trick that can get the effect I'm looking for.

You'll need four separate tables one for each of the things you want to pull from the tables. Templates don't play nice with multicolumn tables. You can pull from a single column in a table using the | character but you can't call that for each column since every time you call the table it will roll again. So you might get row one column one then row three column 2 etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thats alot of extra tables, so much for making things easier on myself and my players.

Not really the answer, I wanted to hear, but thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
    Not really the answer, I wanted to hear
    How about this one: you can do this now

Use Column Referencing. It’s all in the wiki for you to check out!

Thread Information