DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Additionally, for future reference, if a button template is defined using the buttoncontrol control definition then the button state won't be stored in the database. If buttonfield is used, then the value will be stored as a number data field in the database. I notice the "buttonfield" control is not in the API documentation. It was introduced in v3.0.0 - see info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html (search for "buttonfield").
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Additionally, for future reference, if a button template is defined using the buttoncontrol control definition then the button state won't be stored in the database. If buttonfield is used, then the value will be stored as a number data field in the database. I notice the "buttonfield" control is not in the API documentation. It was introduced in v3.0.0 - see info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html (search for "buttonfield").
    When states are stored in the DB, it's easy to 'find' them, plus it's easy to clear them, just requires DB access and of course the performance required to iterate on skill rolls and similar things.

I'm not too worried about performance etc, what I'm after is discovering how to talk to 'data' shown in other windows on a tab.

This ruleset doesn't use subwindow, it's all done inside frames. There must be a way I can access data stored in frames.

Let's try changing the buttoncontrol to a buttonfield, it'll get me moving again on the scripting.

Cheers
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi @Trenloe,

Here you go chap. Since changing from 'buttoncontrol' to 'buttonfield' the XML has been updated.

Code:
    				<athletics>
    					<public />
    					<name type="string">Athletics</name>
    					<order type="number">2</order>
    					<skill_check type="number">1</skill_check>
    					<skillrank type="number">2</skillrank>
    					<skilltext type="formattedtext">
    						<p></p>
    					</skilltext>
    					<specialities type="string">Parkour</specialities>
    					<specialties type="string">Parkour</specialties>
    					<type type="string">Physical</type>
    				</athletics>
    It'll do for now, allows me to get on with the Dice Pool scripting!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Blog Entries
    This is definitely the better option.

I know Im late to the party...
    And it seems my invitation might have gotten lost in the mail...
    And that silence after my arrival will be awkward and all that...

But theres my 2c anyway!

For future reference, to navigate down the hierarchy with subwindows. If you are within a windowclass script, "<subwindow_controlname>.subwindow"; or if you are in a global script, "<windowinstance>.<subwindow_controlname>.subwindo w". Note, if the subwindow has not been instantiated yet (i.e. not active tab), then subwindow will be nil.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information