DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 28 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Ah, ok, I see exactly what you mean. I hope it isn't what I think it is. But, for instance the Berzerker's unarmored defense doesn't work as expected either because FG hard-codes the class names in the Lua code... But, I have an idea to add a "spell" that you (the GM/DM) could add to the actions tab of a player so they can use these class features in the combat tracker... I'll post an update here and to the reference section of the module if I can solve it this way.

lordcygnus,
    I've just installed a fresh copy of FGU and downloaded the modules and extension from github on a mac I never use just to be sure it was a fresh environment. I also tested on windows, but it's my development machine so I am always skeptical when things work where you develop them... of course it does.

When I drag the third level of operative onto the PC sheet I get prompted and the choice is reflected in the abilities tab.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the issue. But, I've made 3 new operatives and chosen a different practice for each.

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    lordcygnus,
    I've just installed a fresh copy of FGU and downloaded the modules and extension from github on a mac I never use just to be sure it was a fresh environment. I also tested on windows, but it's my development machine so I am always skeptical when things work where you develop them... of course it does.

When I drag the third level of operative onto the PC sheet I get prompted and the choice is reflected in the abilities tab.

Perhaps I've misunderstood the issue. But, I've made 3 new operatives and chosen a different practice for each.
    Hey @pico, thanks for the quick fix, I've tested on both FGC and FGU and the prompt is now showing successfully now for the Operative!

Did you have a chance to check the class level issue with the reference window within the Effects functionality?

Stay tuned on the class features front. I think I will need to do something similar to rob2e's add-on and the GM can drag the feature into the character's sheet action tab. The player can then use actions or apply effects in the combat tracker as needed.
    I started this a while ago, the Guardian's channel force is in there already.

In the Spells windows pick the class as the "Source" and you will see what I mean. This seems like the fastest way to get something into player's hands that works.

In the meantime, it's easy to create effects and features as needed. Here's an excellent tutorial on creating the Fighting Style features: https://youtu.be/a-fJpe6duM0

Stay tuned on the class features front. I think I will need to do something similar to rob2e's add-on and the GM can drag the feature into the character's sheet action tab. The player can then use actions or apply effects in the combat tracker as needed.
    I started this a while ago, the Guardian's channel force is in there already.

In the Spells windows pick the class as the "Source" and you will see what I mean. This seems like the fastest way to get something into player's hands that works.

In the meantime, it's easy to create effects and features as needed. Here's an excellent tutorial on creating the Fighting Style features: https://youtu.be/a-fJpe6duM0
    Yup, I'm using a lot of guides for the Effect Creation part, so it's something I'm familiar with, no worries, I can figure out much of the programmatically effects on my own, I was just asking if the reference was reviewed since it's something related to the setting, but thanks anyway =)

Let me know if you need a hand while trying to build the other books as content packages. I will be happy to help wherever I can on your amazing work with this setting.

If it isn't too much trouble, you could log into github and add a comment to this issue in the issue tracker https://github.com/BeeGrinder/Fantas...SW5e/issues/17. Then just update it with class features/effects you notice are needed. It's difficult for me to catch everything, and having input is invaluable.

The other option is to keep a running list in a post here and edit it rather than add more posts. I'll bookmark that post and use it as a reference in my issue tracker.

Either way, I'll be working on it and doing periodic updates to the module.

If it isn't too much trouble, you could log into github and add a comment to this issue in the issue tracker https://github.com/BeeGrinder/Fantas...SW5e/issues/17. Then just update it with class features/effects you notice are needed. It's difficult for me to catch everything, and having input is invaluable.

The other option is to keep a running list in a post here and edit it rather than add more posts. I'll bookmark that post and use it as a reference in my issue tracker.

Either way, I'll be working on it and doing periodic updates to the module.
    Done, comment and file examples there, as I've said on the thread, probably you can implement the features that are similar (and mostly the same) with each other comparing the classes between settings.

I'll be testing most of related effects on your Star Wars setting just to be sure that they can be implemented as such at your end.

Thanks!

Testing the Berserker right now, I've got a question about the available Archetypes, there are 4 for the PHB, two of them (Marauder and Warchief) are already in the setting, but there is an Augmented Approach that is not in any of the books, and seems a little odd, it has a lot of OP characteristics lol, can you confirm that Archetype for the Berserker and if you want me to review the Precision and Ballistic approaches as well (those two are not in the setting for the Berserker) let me know.

This is difficult to put diplomatically.

The SW5e rule set is an uncontrolled dumpster fire.

In March 2020 they announced the final version of the PHB. It was to be the final version and only have minor errata fixes. Anything new would be called expanded content, but the PHB would remain the same.
    This did not happen.

I spent many months keeping up with the tweaks looking forward to this event. Then, the tweaking resumed almost immediately. I realized I could never keep up. Especially when they stopped carefully documenting what pages had changes from release to release. Fine for them, they are just updating one master PDF. But, maintaining a translation into electronic implementation of the rules into Fantasy Grounds became untenable. So, I am striving to add some stability to the rule set.

So, I stuck with the "final" March 2020 rule set. Since I can't do what everyone would want and "update everything all the time", I'd wait until someone brings up a specific issue.

So far, this is the first time anyone has brought up a specific issue with a later version of the PHB.

I will add "Update Berserker class" to my project list.
    My question to you is... would you make this a higher priority than effects/features since they are pretty easy to do yourself since a GM only has to do what their players are actually using?

This is difficult to put diplomatically.

The SW5e rule set is an uncontrolled dumpster fire.

In March 2020 they announced the final version of the PHB. It was to be the final version and only have minor errata fixes. Anything new would be called expanded content, but the PHB would remain the same.
    This did not happen.

I spent many months keeping up with the tweaks looking forward to this event. Then, the tweaking resumed almost immediately. I realized I could never keep up. Especially when they stopped carefully documenting what pages had changes from release to release. Fine for them, they are just updating one master PDF. But, maintaining a translation into electronic implementation of the rules into Fantasy Grounds became untenable. So, I am striving to add some stability to the rule set.

So, I stuck with the "final" March 2020 rule set. Since I can't do what everyone would want and "update everything all the time", I'd wait until someone brings up a specific issue.

So far, this is the first time anyone has brought up a specific issue with a later version of the PHB.

I will add "Update Berserker class" to my project list.
    My question to you is... would you make this a higher priority than effects/features since they are pretty easy to do yourself since a GM only has to do what their players are actually using?
    Thanks for the info, and as a developer, I completely understand the let downs of trying to be up to date with content like this, personally, I would prefer to update the content instead of adding the effects, because as you are saying, as a DM I can easily implement the feature effects on my own, it's a pretty straightforward thing to do if the DMs just stick to all the tutorials and wikis around FG.

On the other hands, a few of us knows how to make the content and implement it at some point for a setting, that's where you current work shines the most, so, if you ask me, I will absolutely prefer the updated content, since you know a lot better that myself you setting files (.mods. and .ext).

As I said before, I'm happy to help wherever I can to make this setting version as good as we can.

Thread Information