STAR TREK 2d20
Page 23 of 28 First ... 132122232425 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    I plan on just plodding along with what i have - forcecasting and techcasting powers each have preparations and that is where the points are defined and checked off after use and recovered after rest - spell slots are just not used in my SW5e at all. Though they have to have minimum values so that FGU shows your leveled powers/spells/whatever. Resistances are purely what is currently defined for types of damages in my world and defined via effects. The rest you just wing it.
    That’s certainly fair, and likely what I will go with also, at least to begin. It’s just a situation where my brain gets stuck on something and then I fall down a rabbit hole of trying to figure it out.

Can't believe a Hutt was not in the NPCs - added in SW5e_Extras.mod.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...521#post606521
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    It's possible I'm just dense but I'm having a difficult time wrapping my head around this. I get the part about having one checkbox for Force and one for Tech, but I'm not understanding how I'd then tie that in with the magic resistance coding to allow it to tell between them so that I could code Force Resistance to work with any spell with the Force checkbox and Tech Resistance to work with any spell with the Tech checkbox, and not work on the opposite ones. Would it be a case of instead of making two spellcasting functions, I'd just duplicate (and rename) the magic resistance function instead?
    There is a thousand ways to do something in code.
    Go with what makes sense to you.

Soon I will be changing my distribution to the Fantasy Grounds Forge. I will put links in the first post of this thread.
    I will not use "Vault" distribution, so the extension and module will be visible to users who might want to modify it or expand upon it.

I will release new work via the TEST channel so you can preview the changes. Then after a feedback period and any bug fixing, that release will be moved to the main channel for everyone.

I will also be replacing the version number (currently 3.10) with a build date.

The following are planned for the next release:
    • Fix NPCs missing attack rolls in Combat Tracker (the tech attack/force attack issue).
    • Fix spell effects Concentration notation to work properly in Combat Tracker.
    • Add spell effects coding for remaining spells on my list.
    • Fix background feat roll table linking issue.
    • Add effects from SilentRuin's module to main module.
    • Adjustments to Autonomous Servant spell text and NPC entry.

(SilentRuin, I am going to try to add some of your content into the main module. Things not requiring other extensions. I know you said it is ok, but wanted to get feedback on it if you have any)

Please, let me know if I have missed anything critical that should be added to this list. I will see if I can work it into my schedule.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    Soon I will be changing my distribution to the Fantasy Grounds Forge. I will put links in the first post of this thread.
    I will not use "Vault" distribution, so the extension and module will be visible to users who might want to modify it or expand upon it.

I will release new work via the TEST channel so you can preview the changes. Then after a feedback period and any bug fixing, that release will be moved to the main channel for everyone.

I will also be replacing the version number (currently 3.10) with a build date.

The following are planned for the next release:
    • Fix NPCs missing attack rolls in Combat Tracker (the tech attack/force attack issue).
    • Fix spell effects Concentration notation to work properly in Combat Tracker.
    • Add spell effects coding for remaining spells on my list.
    • Fix background feat roll table linking issue.
    • Add effects from SilentRuin's module to main module.
    • Adjustments to Autonomous Servant spell text and NPC entry.

(SilentRuin, I am going to try to add some of your content into the main module. Things not requiring other extensions. I know you said it is ok, but wanted to get feedback on it if you have any)

Please, let me know if I have missed anything critical that should be added to this list. I will see if I can work it into my schedule.
    Thanks
    As I said you have full permission to take everything I've done - no credit required - just take it and use it.

Force/Tech powers, and "magic" items (called enhanced) in SW5e are problematic when using the 5e ruleset of FG.

The basics of a magic item/damage vs. a non-magic item/damage is very deep in the ruleset code. I gave up on changing it.
    So, I am reviewing how to implement "magic" back into the SW5e text to make it work properly in FG.

I did not know that there was resistance/immunity/vulnerability to not only force vs tech spells (which can be differentiated by school), but resistance/immunity/vulnerability between light/dark/universal force powers.

If I were changing this, I could see these being separate schools. But, that is also problematic if there is some instance of general force/tech resistance/immunity/vulnerability. Each school would need to be listed in the resistance/immunity/vulnerability list.

Point me to some of these resistance/immunity/vulnerability examples please.

Force/Tech powers, and "magic" items (called enhanced) in SW5e are problematic when using the 5e ruleset of FG.

The basics of a magic item/damage vs. a non-magic item/damage is very deep in the ruleset code. I gave up on changing it.
    So, I am reviewing how to implement "magic" back into the SW5e text to make it work properly in FG.

I did not know that there was resistance/immunity/vulnerability to not only force vs tech spells (which can be differentiated by school), but resistance/immunity/vulnerability between light/dark/universal force powers.

If I were changing this, I could see these being separate schools. But, that is also problematic if there is some instance of general force/tech resistance/immunity/vulnerability. Each school would need to be listed in the resistance/immunity/vulnerability list.

Point me to some of these resistance/immunity/vulnerability examples please.
    If you look in mine you'll see we use forcecasting and techcasting to set preparations for points to check off - spell slots are marked with min value just so 5E lets the levels work - and we ignore all spell slots on action tab completely - only the casting entries are used to track points. All in linked text for those.

I used to have a link to a good post on implementing spell-points in 5e on FG... it seems to have gone missing. But, spell points is an officially accepted 5e rule in the DMG. So, there's nothing non-5e about that part of SW5e.

I was speaking to the use of "enhance" in SW5e vs "magic" in the 5e ruleset to determine damage. Particularly "magic" items/abilities used in the combat tracker.

But, I'm particularly interested in the post that says some resistance/immunity/vulnerability based on the light/dark-ness of force use. Not just force vs. tech spells. I can't find the reference to this in the PHB. I must not be looking at the correct section.

I used to have a link to a good post on implementing spell-points in 5e on FG... it seems to have gone missing. But, spell points is an officially accepted 5e rule in the DMG. So, there's nothing non-5e about that part of SW5e.

I was speaking to the use of "enhance" in SW5e vs "magic" in the 5e ruleset to determine damage. Particularly "magic" items/abilities used in the combat tracker.

But, I'm particularly interested in the post that says some resistance/immunity/vulnerability based on the light/dark-ness of force use. Not just force vs. tech spells. I can't find the reference to this in the PHB. I must not be looking at the correct section.
    Well you're on your own there - my players are already used to playing and working with what we have - plus the made up space combat as we do both space battles and ship boarding at the same time now. I have my copies of stuff so you can take/do what you like with them - use or not use as you see fit. We are in game and going with what we have. Though I'm sure I'll be adding more fixes as they level.

SilentRuin,
    I'm curios about the races you changed. I only notice one change which is their racial attack. The wording/description didn't change, just the label(name). Is this for something with your extensions or some other reason?

Thread Information