DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 25 of 28 First ... 152324252627 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    The feats references/table links that I know about are in the task list of known issues to be worked. Its a long story, but the "not normal 5e" background trait rolls found in SW5e is causing a problem with links in Par5e... yet another reason I'm moving more and more off of that parser. But, it's not done yet.

One of the problems I have found when comparing the Extras module to mine is that it is not always obvious why you duplicated something.
    I assume it was to fix something.
    But, some of the them just don't jump out at me. And, I don't know if it was to accommodate something, not necessarily broken.

The only NPC issue I could find was that the tech/force attack rolls were not showing in the combat tracker. This is addressed in this release.
    For each class I tried to make one of each and as I level it check the items in the Abilities tab and make sure any links work. So far, all have been working.

The next release is not final... this is only a release candidate. So, if you would like me to focus on adding something, let me know. But, please, give examples because "NPC fixes" makes me think I already did that.

Please have patience with me on this. I have only played a hand full of level 1-2 one-shots with my groups. So, I don't get yelled at by my players when things don't work... I need you to do that
    Most things were naming issues with NPCs - as in they shared names with other things - which for name matching - obviously - they could not. I really can't remember all of them as I fixed them as I encountered them. Same for feats - and of course anything that changed had to have things updated in classes main page and other pages so the links would be correct or data defined in there was correct. Likely this forum has the reasons as I did them.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Ok, I think this would be things like the Wookie "Claw" or Ugnaught "Bite".

I have not implemented much on race, class, item etc. "spells" for use in the character sheets.
    When I do, I will be grouping them so the spell search on "Source" will group them by
    - "Class" - "Operative: Sneak Attack", etc.
    - "Species" - "Wookie: Claw", "Ugnaught: Bite", etc.
    "Feat", "Background", "Equipment" would be some of the other "Source" entries.
    The current list in "Source" is getting too long to just ask players to look something up there. And, sadly, it doesn't seem to change based on if you are looking at a specific book/module. I wonder if this is a FG bug.

Ok, I think this would be things like the Wookie "Claw" or Ugnaught "Bite".

I have not implemented much on race, class, item etc. "spells" for use in the character sheets.
    When I do, I will be grouping them so the spell search on "Source" will group them by
    - "Class" - "Operative: Sneak Attack", etc.
    - "Species" - "Wookie: Claw", "Ugnaught: Bite", etc.
    "Feat", "Background", "Equipment" would be some of the other "Source" entries.
    The current list in "Source" is getting too long to just ask players to look something up there. And, sadly, it doesn't seem to change based on if you are looking at a specific book/module. I wonder if this is a FG bug.
    The changes I made work with equipped effects - so as long as the "name" is uniquely matched to its power and/or effect it will work. If not it won't. And Class links/definitions in main/other pages are used by classwizard to do things - as class is only valid way to see what is valid to define for certain levels. There were fixes in those also for things that were not properly defined to work with leveling up (repeated data was just outright wrong and not uniquely named. There was literally no fix I put in the extras that was not "required" for my characters to play. I'm sure there will be more as they level up.

Warning: Largely untested - but I will no longer be updating my old SW5e_Extras or starships modules. At some point I will delete those older post attachments when I feel this new stuff is working to my satisfaction. If pico adopts it all I'll dump all attachments of mine . For now - this is what I plan to run with.

This new SW5e.mod is a blend of pico's original mod and my SW5e_Extras.mod. Unfortunately, pico's was created with a tool that created named references while mine was created by /export in an FGU campaign. This means some of the links won't be recoverable and will have to be replaced in any existing campaigns using the old stuff. Also, it turns out there is no way to create skills that are used by FGU create character software in a mod generated by FGU. This means I had to create another mod that MUST ALWAYS be used with the new blended SW5e.mod, called SW5e_skills.mod. And as usual you also need the SW5e.ext to run all this stuff correctly. So, if starting a new campaign from scratch you will need the following:

SW5e.ext - put in your FGU extensions directory and select "SW5e" extension when you load your campaign. (pico and miked2681 blend)

SW5e_skills.mod AND SW5e.mod - put in your FGU modules directory and MUST BOTH be loaded as modules in your campaign with the share with players button (green check mark) set on them both. (pico and SilentRuin blend)

If you use my made-up spaceship combat which my players have run and had fun with you can also load...

SRs_SW5e_Starships.mod - put in your FGU modules directory and load as module in your campaign with the share with players button (green check mark) set. A Story has directions. Has just the ships I've created to date for my own campaign. (SilentRuin)

If you had an existing campaign under the old stuff you will be better off just recreating it from scratch up to the point your current session is at (yes as in create a new campaign and start making stuff for it again).

If you are really crazy you can attempt to muddle through and correct all the links. I successfully ported mine as it appears only the following was required...

Edit campaign's db.xml file. Replace All "SW5e Player Book" with "SW5e" and Replace All "SW5e Extras" with "SW5e".

I then edited the modulestate.xml to replace the previous two old SW5e things before I came up with...

<module name="SW5e_skills">
    <loaded />
    <allow />
    </module>
    <module name="SW5e">
    <loaded />
    <allow />
    </module>

But you can do that when you come up in the campaign (remove old modules - add new ones with player access).

Then recreate all your character sheets from scratch - I did this while having both old sheet and new sheet up at same time - I also took a risk copying inventory links but NO OTHER LINKS - as item links still seem to be the same (at least for me - was risk). I then had to replace some of the tokens (look up reference. of each and then find that id- number in mod and replace them - painful way I did it) in NPCs, encounters, etc. that I had copied from the previous mods. This worked for porting my campaign.

If you don't do this - then you will be in for a world of hurt trying to replace links - for example, I came up in the campaign and started clicking on things to find the bad links at one point. This immediately resulted in bogus new entries creating in background and anywhere else there was a bad link (I had to delete the bogus entries created by clicking on the corrupted links). Dropping over valid links to replace these things can of course trigger leveling logic in the char sheet main page and that is a whole other level of fun to undo.

Easier to just recreate the character sheets as that is where most of the bad links are located. The point is you have to have a valid recordname and that means with the new stuff it must be id based - and the beauty of id's is they can change if the record is ever deleted and recreated (like if you were were using two .mod files that did two different referencing mechanisms plus the id's changed in the new one - which an existing campaign would have been doing). Search for "reference." to see if you have any bad non id references if your not going to replace your chars from scratch.

But if creating a new campaign - your ready to go.

The SW5e campaign files could not fit (nor could SRs_SW5e_Starships campaign files but just going to leave that out) so they are in the following post. The zip for the starships is not included as it would not fit here any longer - and its short enough you can just copy it from mod to local if you need your own.

Has been designed to work by itself but data is configured to be used with Equipped Effects, Aura, and BCEG extensions if you use them (I use these and all the ones in my signature).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 6th, 2023 at 04:50.

Removed the backup of db.xml and just barely fit it in - this is the campaign I used to create SW5e.mod in the above post.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SilentRuin; January 6th, 2023 at 04:51.

Thanks for all the hard work SilentRuin!!!

I will be adopting this as the official source of the Fantasy Grounds SW5e based module over the next few weeks.

• I will rename my current SW5e projects as "Classic" versions. So, anyone using it can still get it.
    • I will be making only bug fixes to the "Classic" versions. (I have one update nearly ready to go)
    • Eventually, I will retire the "Classic" version and no longer work on it.
    • I will work on getting this new version into the Forge for easy distribution.
    • The new version will be maintained to work properly with SilentRuin's extensions.

Thanks for all the hard work SilentRuin!!!

I will be adopting this as the official source of the Fantasy Grounds SW5e based module over the next few weeks.

• I will rename my current SW5e projects as "Classic" versions. So, anyone using it can still get it.
    • I will be making only bug fixes to the "Classic" versions. (I have one update nearly ready to go)
    • Eventually, I will retire the "Classic" version and no longer work on it.
    • I will work on getting this new version into the Forge for easy distribution.
    • The new version will be maintained to work properly with SilentRuin's extensions.
    And without my extensions. Once you incorporate you can just add things in the SW5e campaign and /export (select all) to get a new SW5e.mod with the updates. You only ever need to change the hardcoded SW5e.ext and paired SW5e_skills.mod if you change what you want as the default FGU char created skills. SW5e.mod only has skills that are optional (tools mostly).
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 20th, 2021 at 15:39.

Edited my earlier post as I sucessfully ported my campaign using the steps I stated here.

Finally finished a FG Mod full of Star Wars tokens. Link in the first post of this thread.

Permission to publish from creator u/Kualan on reddit.

You will need to add weapon property powers for burst and rapid fire saves manually to your campaign if you want to automate the saving throws for when a player fires a weapon with one of these.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; August 21st, 2021 at 00:02.

Thread Information