DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... Last

SW5e a star wars home brew on the 5e rule set

This module and extension implement the SW5e rule set. This is a 5e (OGL) based conversion to a Star Wars universe.

This work includes the PHB and Scum and Villainy (Monsters/NPCs) PDF content originating from the SW5e project (no affiliation)

Here is the link to the SW5e PHB PDF this work was based upon.

See this post for the latest module(s) and extension completed by SilentRuin

The Classic version is still available for those currently using it for campaigns:
    Link to the SW5e (Classic) extension in FG Forge
    Link to the SW5e (Classic) module in FG Forge

Need Tokens?
    Here's a FG Mod full of SW Tokens! (by permission of u/Kualan on reddit)

SW5e Content:
    10 new classes with dozens of subclasses
    35 new races (Species and driods)
    35 new backgrounds
    100 new feats
    400+ new spells (Powers)
    390 new Items/equipment
    276 new NPCs
    new weapons, creature types, damage types, skills, languages, and a galactic credits replace gold.

GitHub project for the Classic version of this module.

Now includes spell and item effects inspired by and with permission of rob2e under condition that no money is ever charged for this work. Thanks!

Be sure to read the notes below AND the reference section of the module. Because the SW5e rules do not perfectly match a true 5e game, some things do not function quite like a real 5e game. When I find these behaviors I make a note in these two areas. I try to fix them, but if I can not find a solution, I do my best to warn you so you are not surprised.

I've also created a starfield background extension
    This background extension replaces the current theme's background with a simple starfield. Works great with FG Dark or Simple Gray themes.

Other related content: The following posts contain other user created content for SW5e on Fantasy Grounds:
    Starship rules by Tyrannosaurus VeX

Good bye
    After over 3 years of work on this game module, I'm retiring my use of this module/extension. If there's a serious defect that is reported here I will try to fix. But, I have not been able to run any true campaigns with it and I'm no longer interested in pushing it on my groups. I have no plans on ever removing it from the forge or it's source project on github. I hope someone finds it fun and useful.
    Last edited by pico; November 14th, 2021 at 18:09. Reason: FGU Compatibility

Changelog / Added / Modified

• Jan. 23, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - Background skill and feature text fixes
    • Jan. 25, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - Race (Species) skill and feature text fixes. Guardian Auras and channel abilities listed correctly.
    • Jan. 30, 2019 Update - SW5e Player Book Module - weapon list typo fix. sw5e.ext extension typo fixes.
    • Feb. 6, 2019 - SW5e Extension - Added Binary and Aurebesh fonts/languages.
    • Feb. 10, 2019 - Added Spell Book Module for force and tech powers, made February PHB updates, text and class feature updates.
    • Feb. 18, 2019 - Split Item and Spell module to easy development. Extension fixed for powers and weapon type sorting.
    • Feb. 21, 2019 - Force and Tech powers through lvl 2 have effects coded. Item effects for explosives now coded. See Spell Book reference notes.
    • Feb. 24, 2019 - Fixed all classes. Made 3rd level choice of sub-class prompt correctly.
    • Mar. 6, 2019 - Added many extended content races with pics, added full spell effects for all force and tech powers
    • Mar. 8, 2019 - Major update to module structure. Spells and Equipment are now in the module SW5e Supplement.mod. Several reference manual changes.
    • Mar. 16, 2020 - Update to Player Book module. Reflecting changes to SW5e PDF file through Jan. 2020.
    • May 8, 2020 - Removed old NPC module, all NPCs are in the PHB module. Should work with FGU now.
    • May 18, 2020 - More NPCs added to PHB module.
    • May 23, 2020 - All NPCs from Scum and Villainy PDF have been added to the PHB module.
    • Sep 16, 2020 - Fixed damage issue with scout holdout blaster and several "ranged force attack" spells that were not working.
    • Nov 28, 2020 - Fixed issues with several NPCs spells in combat tracker. Fixed Operative Practice choice at level 3.
    • Nov 30, 2020 - Updated Berserker class to current.
    • Dec 2, 2020 - Full class update (Thanks to lordcygnus) plus minor fixes. Please, download both modules and the extension for these updates.
    • Dec 5, 2020 - Update to PHB module and extension. Fixed extension project web link and renamed directory. Update berserker instincts, operative exploits and monastic vows to be more readable. Made scholar/doctor/panacea side-effects into link to rollable table.
    • Feb 15, 2021 - Added information about new version 3 of SW5e for Fantasy Grounds pre-release and request for testers.
    • Feb 20, 2021 - v3 Fixes: weapon category issues, NPC size issues, NPC token issues, Class ability score improvement, and background skill choices.
    • Feb 25, 2021 - v3 Fixes: Add spell effects to lvl 0-2 powers. Item category fixes. Character wizard should now work. Added background starfield extension.
    • Feb 27, 2021 - v3 Added spell effects to new powers through lvl 4. About 90% of spells (powers) now have full effects coding!
    • Mar 3,2021 - v3.0.9 More spell fixes. Fixes for character wizard. See note below about background selection.
    • Apr 22,2021 - v3.0.10 More spell fixes. More fixes to let basic character creation work in the character wizard (still no money, items or equipment).
    • Aug 15,2021 - changed distribution of software to Fantasy Grounds Forge.
    • Aug 20, 2021 - new release collaboration with SilentRuin. See first post for more info. Old version is now "Classic" and will not see major updates, only bug fixes.
    • Nov 14, 2021 - final classic release. Extension v3.0.3 and Module v3.0.11. Fixes to NPC roles in CT, Concentration issues. Class abbreviations, and effects added.

Link to the known issues working list

** Reserving this post for future updates
    Last edited by pico; November 14th, 2021 at 18:05. Reason: Module Update Notes

Instructions and Notes (for the older "Classic" version)
    - Make sure the SW5e extension is activated for your "5e" campaign!
    - Load the SW5e module.
    - Download the "PHB" from the link in the first post. Also provide the PHB PDF to your players.
    - Remember when creating characters that many of the casting classes have a choice of which ability counts as the Spell Casting Modifier. So it must be set up manually.
    - Proficiency seems to be working for classes, races and backgrounds. I don't think they work for feats or tools, adjust manually.
    - The author of SW5e suggests using the Spell Point System rather than Spell Slots. This is an interface adjustment to make during character creation if you use points. Search the FG forum for implementing D&D 5e alternate spell point system. You basically add a spell "ammo" counter for caster classes in the character sheet.
    - All spells (powers), some classes, and some items have item effects coded into them for use in the combat tracker. Use the Source selector in the Spell window to see Force Powers, Tech Powers, Items, or a class.
    - All included races have pictures in case you forget what they look like .
    - Starting Equipment Packs are available in Parcels tab.
    - Backgrounds have trait tables available for rolling if you like randomness.
    - All classes now prompt at level 3 for sub-class choices.
    - When creating a new player character, check the spell setup in the Actions tab and make sure the correct Ability type is set (Int, Wiz, Cha, etc.). This becomes the Base value for spell casting.
    - When adding a weapon to a character sheet, double check the correct type (ranged/melee) and, especially if finesse weapon, the correct stat is used.
    - The FG Character Wizard is still technically in beta testing. As such, I have not spent much time getting this module to work fully with it. You can create a basic character, but do not use the INV, SPELLS, or FEATS sections. Also, you need to manually add spells, money, items/equipment, and any additional proficiencies for these(tools, gaming sets, instruments, etc.).

Force and Tech Powers(Spells): Due to the wording of the SW5e powers, they do not always get interpreted correctly by the 5e ruleset. But, they are easily corrected after adding them to a player's character sheet. Even advanced automations can be added/edited. Here is a great tutorial on effects editing.
    Last edited by pico; August 21st, 2021 at 21:19. Reason: New Notes

I'll definitely take a look at your stuff. I've never played FFG's Star Wars, but I'm a big fan of Saga and 5e, so I think a 5e conversion is an interesting idea.

Could be really cool.

looks pretty fine. Im gonna start a game i think. But misses stat block for the ships, and a nice background

Quote Originally Posted by Martin2301 View Post
    looks pretty fine. Im gonna start a game i think. But misses stat block for the ships, and a nice background
    Thanks. The ship data is coming later as well as a nice theme. Currently my priorities are getting the classes working as well as I can, and fixing any bugs/typos.

And, if someone wants to volunteer and join the project, just let me know

Since the PDFs are free for everyone to download, how important do you feel it is to get a reference manual section in the FG interface?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    Thanks. The ship data is coming later as well as a nice theme. Currently my priorities are getting the classes working as well as I can, and fixing any bugs/typos.

And, if someone wants to volunteer and join the project, just let me know

Since the PDFs are free for everyone to download, how important do you feel it is to get a reference manual section in the FG interface?
    The Reference Manual is always a good thing - BUT - be careful with copyright... The fact that someone else has written all this stuff up and is sharing it fr free doesnt mean that they havent violated someone elses copyright. I am not saying they have - just asking you to do a little checking as you dont want to be responsible for posting copyright materials.

Blog Entries
    A cursory check and it looks like they have replaced jedi with guardian and sith with sentinel... if they have done things like that all the way thru it should be ok...

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with Star Wars "fan creations", the general rule is, you can publish things for free (fan fiction, fan art, fan films, etc), but if you charge people or make money in any way, they'll consider it copyright infringement. That's how LucasFilm/LucasBooks/LucasArts treated most stuff in the past, and so far, Disney has continued the tradition. There was recently an issue with a fan-film on YouTube that got into it with a subsidiary, but LucasFilm stepped in and straightened the mess out for the most part. Probably because it was turning into bad PR for LucasFilm/Disney.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannosaurus VeX View Post
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe with Star Wars "fan creations", the general rule is, you can publish things for free (fan fiction, fan art, fan films, etc), but if you charge people or make money in any way, they'll consider it copyright infringement. That's how LucasFilm/LucasBooks/LucasArts treated most stuff in the past, and so far, Disney has continued the tradition. There was recently an issue with a fan-film on YouTube that got into it with a subsidiary, but LucasFilm stepped in and straightened the mess out for the most part. Probably because it was turning into bad PR for LucasFilm/Disney.
    I would never call it a rule.
    They are 100% within their rights to protect their copyright and for any Trademarks they must protect them or risk losing them.
    If the current practice by the IP owners is to ignore it thats great. Be aware that they could change that at any time.

Thread Information