5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 28 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    I put the files in the correct locations, but when I try to Create campaign in FGU, the extension does not show up in the list.

*Does it work in Unity? I see on Gitbit you tried it., thats what im using*
    Last edited by DiceandCapes; September 19th, 2020 at 20:53.

• Put the extension file (sw5e.ext) in the fantasy grounds extensions folder
    • Put the module files (SW5e Player Book.mod and SW5e Supplement.mod) in the fantasy grounds modules folder
    • Create a new campaign and give it a name
    • Pick Game System "5E"
    • Select extension "SW5e"
    • Start game
    • Go to "Library" in game and hit the "Modules" button at the bottom of the window.
    • Load both the "SW5e Player Book" and "SW5e Supplement" modules.

That should do it. So far, I've fixed any issues I've found with FGU. I am not currently running a SW5e campaign, so I'm relying on y'all to let me know if you find any.
    Last edited by pico; September 19th, 2020 at 22:57.

I got it. For some reason when I right clicked and saved the files yesterday they were not the correct size.

Hi pico, thank you for bringing SW5e to FG!
    I ran into an error in FGU when placing an Inquisitor Master npc into the combat tracker: "Failed spellcasting lookup on 2 spell(s) for (Inquititor Master). Make sure your spell module(s) are open." and "Spell lookup failures: force push, improved darkside tendrils", that's what the chat spat out at me. Same goes for Grand Inquisitor, and Inquisitor Knight is only missing dark side tendrils. In the SW5e Supplement I do not see "Force Push", but there is a Force Push/Pull. I also do not see a "dark side tendrils" spell, so I think that may be the cause for the error.

Thanks Collegemerc, I'll look into it

This is amazing!!!! Thank you so much for the hard work on bringing this to FG! Looking forward to start a new campaign and contribute to the setting with whatever I can!

I have made updates to both modules to fix issues listed in the 2nd post of this thread. Please, use the links in the first post of this thread to download the latest updates.

Please, continue to report issues no matter how minor you might think they are. Every bit of play-testing helps. But, only if I hear about the issues.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    Instructions and Notes
    - Install the extension SW5e.ext for SW5e skills, money, languages, damage types, skills, npc types, etc. Modules will not work correctly without the extension.
    - Install the 2 modules: SW5e Player Book.mod (classes, races, backgrounds, npcs, etc), SW5e Supplement.mod (spells, items, equipment, etc). BOTH MUST BE LOADED!
    - When creating a game make sure to use game system "5E" and choose the above SW5e extension.
    - The extension includes some appropriate background decal images.
    - Remember when creating characters that many of the casting classes have a choice of which ability counts as the Spell Casting Modifier. So it must be set up manually.
    - Proficiency seems to be working for classes, races and backgrounds. I don't think they work for feats, adjust manually.
    - The author of SW5e suggests using the Spell Point System rather than Spell Slots. This is an interface adjustment to make during character creation if you use points. Search the FG forum for implementing D&D 5e alternate spell point system.
    - All spells (powers), some classes, and some items have item effects coded into them for use in the combat tracker. Use the Source selector in the Spell window to see Force Powers, Tech Powers, Items, or a class.
    - All included races have pictures in case you forget what they look like.
    - Starting Equipment Packs are available in Parcels.
    - Backgrounds have trait tables available for rolling.
    - All classes now prompt at level 3 for sub-class choices.
    - Expanded choice of species (race) and languages to 30.

New Starship rules
    These new rules basically has ships as complex as a player character with character sheets. I would suggest providing your players with their ship's sheet and using the FG interface for a star map, token movement, and dice rolling. But, at this time I don't know of a way to implement the starship combat of SW5e into the FG system.

** Reserving this post for future updates
    Hey! I was testing the operational class, but the level 3 prompt was not available / working, also, for the Fighter Class, the Second Wind was not taking into account the Fighter level for the healing effect.

hmm... I tested the Operative Practice selection yesterday. I'll double check it.

I've been playing a long regular 5e campaign and I'm pretty sure even in the regular D&D setup the DM/GM needs to update these class feature dice. Like bardic inspiration, sneak attack, second wind, etc. At least, I've always had to adjust these myself in Fantasy Grounds. There are even some normal spells that change depending on level, I just had to fix one of my clerics spells for this a few weeks ago. Just click on the magnifier glass or loop or whatever that icon is and update the dice used. If that's not true and I just don't know how it works, I'm happy to learn new things

Are you using FGU or Classic?
    Thanks for your feedback

Quote Originally Posted by pico View Post
    hmm... I tested the Operative Practice selection yesterday. I'll double check it.

I've been playing a long regular 5e campaign and I'm pretty sure even in the regular D&D setup the DM/GM needs to update these class feature dice. Like bardic inspiration, sneak attack, second wind, etc. At least, I've always had to adjust these myself in Fantasy Grounds. There are even some normal spells that change depending on level, I just had to fix one of my clerics spells for this a few weeks ago. Just click on the magnifier glass or loop or whatever that icon is and update the dice used. If that's not true and I just don't know how it works, I'm happy to learn new things

Are you using FGU or Classic?
    Thanks for your feedback
    Thanks for checking the Operative stuff, I'm testing all classes now to see if I can find some critical stuff before starting a new campaign with the setting, I mean this, excellent work so far!

About the classes perks, on the Second Wind part, sure, I know about the setup for the heal ability but something is happening with the Ftr reference, see the image on what I'm using on a DnD campaign currently:

2020-11-29_15-58-53.png

It's exactly the same setup on the second wind on your setting, but, it's working on the DnD part, not in this one, probably something's happening with the Ftr reference around it, might be a good idea to check those if you can.

I'm testing on both versions of FG, same behavior on all.

Thanks for the help! And again, excellent work!

Thread Information