5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 26 of 28 First ... 162425262728 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Warning: Largely untested - but I will no longer be updating my old SW5e_Extras or starships modules. At some point I will delete those older post attachments when I feel this new stuff is working to my satisfaction. If pico adopts it all I'll dump all attachments of mine . For now - this is what I plan to run with.

This new SW5e.mod is a blend of pico's original mod and my SW5e_Extras.mod. Unfortunately, pico's was created with a tool that created named references while mine was created by /export in an FGU campaign. This means some of the links won't be recoverable and will have to be replaced in any existing campaigns using the old stuff. Also, it turns out there is no way to create skills that are used by FGU create character software in a mod generated by FGU. This means I had to create another mod that MUST ALWAYS be used with the new blended SW5e.mod, called SW5e_skills.mod. And as usual you also need the SW5e.ext to run all this stuff correctly. So, if starting a new campaign from scratch you will need the following:

SW5e.ext - put in your FGU extensions directory and select "SW5e" extension when you load your campaign. (pico and miked2681 blend)

SW5e_skills.mod AND SW5e.mod - put in your FGU modules directory and MUST BOTH be loaded as modules in your campaign with the share with players button (green check mark) set on them both. (pico and SilentRuin blend)

If you use my made-up spaceship combat which my players have run and had fun with you can also load...

SRs_SW5e_Starships.mod - put in your FGU modules directory and load as module in your campaign with the share with players button (green check mark) set. A Story has directions. Has just the ships I've created to date for my own campaign. (SilentRuin)

If you had an existing campaign under the old stuff you will be better off just recreating it from scratch up to the point your current session is at (yes as in create a new campaign and start making stuff for it again).

If you are really crazy you can attempt to muddle through and correct all the links. I successfully ported mine as it appears only the following was required...

Edit campaign's db.xml file. Replace All "SW5e Player Book" with "SW5e" and Replace All "SW5e Extras" with "SW5e".

I then edited the modulestate.xml to replace the previous two old SW5e things before I came up with...

<module name="SW5e_skills">
    <loaded />
    <allow />
    </module>
    <module name="SW5e">
    <loaded />
    <allow />
    </module>

But you can do that when you come up in the campaign (remove old modules - add new ones with player access).

Then recreate all your character sheets from scratch - I did this while having both old sheet and new sheet up at same time - I also took a risk copying inventory links but NO OTHER LINKS - as item links still seem to be the same (at least for me - was risk). I then had to replace some of the tokens (look up reference. of each and then find that id- number in mod and replace them - painful way I did it) in NPCs, encounters, etc. that I had copied from the previous mods. This worked for porting my campaign.

If you don't do this - then you will be in for a world of hurt trying to replace links - for example, I came up in the campaign and started clicking on things to find the bad links at one point. This immediately resulted in bogus new entries creating in background and anywhere else there was a bad link (I had to delete the bogus entries created by clicking on the corrupted links). Dropping over valid links to replace these things can of course trigger leveling logic in the char sheet main page and that is a whole other level of fun to undo.

Easier to just recreate the character sheets as that is where most of the bad links are located. The point is you have to have a valid recordname and that means with the new stuff it must be id based - and the beauty of id's is they can change if the record is ever deleted and recreated (like if you were were using two .mod files that did two different referencing mechanisms plus the id's changed in the new one - which an existing campaign would have been doing). Search for "reference." to see if you have any bad non id references if your not going to replace your chars from scratch.

But if creating a new campaign - your ready to go.

The SW5e campaign files could not fit so they are in the following post.
    An example of my campaign based on these files (with more added in for the campaign) - and of course using all the stuff I've done for 5E. As this kind of died off I figured I'd show the data discussed in this thread actually being used in a session (albeit about 10 sessions into campaign).

Just to verify to pico I actually use this stuff (with all my bells and whistles added in of course).
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I stopped posting here as well but I just wanted to add that I did run several sessions using the work done here (and SilentRuin’s extensions, among others) before I got burned out on GMing and my group found other people to play with. It was (is) a lot of fun and I’m thankful for the work put into it.

I saw recently that they may supposedly be finalizing the player handbook so I may have to revisit things if I ever feel like putting myself through the torture of updating all of that data lol.

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    I stopped posting here as well but I just wanted to add that I did run several sessions using the work done here (and SilentRuin’s extensions, among others) before I got burned out on GMing and my group found other people to play with. It was (is) a lot of fun and I’m thankful for the work put into it.

I saw recently that they may supposedly be finalizing the player handbook so I may have to revisit things if I ever feel like putting myself through the torture of updating all of that data lol.
    Not me - the only data I'll be changing is that which makes our game flow better. I have no real interest on official rules except as an easy start point. Which displeases me or interrupts the flow of the game (all the ship combat I redid in my own way) I simply change to work better in my games. I have no desire to "keep up with the joneses" as the original core data changes. There is plenty in the "snapshot" this thread took, and what I modified to work with EE, and again to work with my idea of fun ship combat, without trying to "update" it all the time. As long as it generates fun for me and my players, I have no real desire to update it. Just as I create new scenarios - add ships or other things that I may need for those that work consistently within the 5E ruleset and the general SW believability. But pico's work, and those who did SW5E that he based it on, is good enough for my games to play out and build scenarios on.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by miked2681 View Post
    I've been building the PHB and a UI for a couple of weeks now. Added some of the EC stuff to it like Archetypes (not even gonna touch that Species EC). I'm in the process now of going through the errata/changelog on the SW5e site to make sure everything's up to date with the current build. After that, I'll go in and make the necessary corrections to all of the content Pico and SilentRuin have entered, and then attach all the links to the ref mod. I should have the errata finished this week, and I'd be more than happy to share it. It wouldn't have the links added, and I wouldn't be able to post it here...but you'd have a lot of the content available in game instead of having to pull up SW5e or the pdfs.

Afterwards, I'll be doing Codex, Hives, Scum, the EC Force/Tech Powers, and maybe Starships (provided I can get everything to work correctly).

@gbhenderson great to read that, I've build some of the EC stuff on my own and using Pico's version as base, but it will be great to have all mixed up in a new base extension or module, question, are we talking on making the updates for this one present on the Forge? Or is this another personal build up module? asking because maybe you can use my module with all the EC, Equipment, Archetypes and Species already available on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcygnus View Post
    @gbhenderson great to read that, I've build some of the EC stuff on my own and using Pico's version as base, but it will be great to have all mixed up in a new base extension or module, question, are we talking on making the updates for this one present on the Forge? Or is this another personal build up module? asking because maybe you can use my module with all the EC, Equipment, Archetypes and Species already available on mine.
    This is a personal buildup based around Pico and Silentruin's work. Mine couldn't go up on the Forge because I slapped all the images from the pdfs in there

Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    This is a personal buildup based around Pico and Silentruin's work. Mine couldn't go up on the Forge because I slapped all the images from the pdfs in there
    Nice nice, care to share? lol I can share mine too if that is going to save you some time with the EC content =)

I'll be happy to send it to ya after I finish the errata/changelog list. That should be some time this week. Trying to remember what EC I've added so far...Archetypes, Backgrounds, finishing up the EC Equipment now. I planned on putting the EC powers in their own ref module because I really don't wanna have to mess with those text tables again lol. Might merge em into Fisto's Codex. I was adding stuff to the SW5e ext as I went along, but stopped when I noticed the diffences between a couple of things from the rules and the ext. Figured I'd just wait and go through em all when I finished the errata.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    I'll be happy to send it to ya after I finish the errata/changelog list. That should be some time this week. Trying to remember what EC I've added so far...Archetypes, Backgrounds, finishing up the EC Equipment now. I planned on putting the EC powers in their own ref module because I really don't wanna have to mess with those text tables again lol. Might merge em into Fisto's Codex. I was adding stuff to the SW5e ext as I went along, but stopped when I noticed the diffences between a couple of things from the rules and the ext. Figured I'd just wait and go through em all when I finished the errata.
    Sure thing, hit me up on Discord lordcygnus#2417 and we can compare what we have and what is needed too.

Sent ya a friend request on discord.

Finally hit the errata that hasn't been added to the pdf. It's a LOT lol.

Thread Information